Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting CF on the Rear Engine Cross Brace. Since it takes about 2 weeks to get it done is there any issue driving around w/o it? I won't really be daily driving and conditions are pretty mild. Wondering if it is more decorative then actual brace for engine.

Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
276 Posts
Doubt it is decorative, would let the car rest while the work was getting done. Have it carbon in my AV and love the look, would look great in an H as well

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
So not advisable to drive without it right? My dealer is saying no don’t do it.
I can see a dealer saying that as a matter of protocol. I would say at best it does very little for rigidity. I just went out and thoroughly looked at mine. It's very thin and hollow. Additionally, I can grab it from the middle and pull upward and can make it flex slightly. True cross bracing is thicker and tubular in design because it allows for more torsional stiffness. My bet is if you are just driving about town normally, I really see no issue. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just because it is thin and flexes does not mean is is not required. It is likely more for twist, torsional rigidity, cross loads. Safe bet is to not drive with it out. Its there for a reason and it is not looks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the all the input. Decided will just paint the sucker similar to my rear arch and then just leave at dealership for the couple days they do it. So no driving for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts