Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

was wondering if anyone knows if the huge dash/instrument panel on the first 1991-1993 diablos can be removed and be replaced with the more streamline 1994+ units? Has anyone ever attempted this? Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
It will cost you about $2000 for the conversion by the time you have trimmed it to be the same as the Vt 2 piece pod... The Dials fit the newer pod but the warning panels and the other bits that clutter up you big pod will have to go... It is repaced by a much smaller panel at the bottom. Carrera sport in england sell the conversion.. 01444 455 100

it makes the car feel a lot better...

Carlo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info Carlo. Do you know what carrera sport's website is? So I take it you can't just buy the 94+ pods and bolt it into a pre 93 dash.....

Have you done the install yourself? Is it a nice fit for the conversion carrera sport sells? Thanks!

Ed

·
Registered
584 Posts
I too would like to know if they have a web.

Edmo - The problem with an update is the gauges - by in large, you usually have to gave up 1 gauge and reposition the others. Many omit the ALT gauge. This will usually mean you have to sever the wire harness and start "splicing" your wires by hand to make it fit.

I made my own. Because I do serious concours, I swap it out before a show to the original... It takes about 30 minutes, that's all. The new shorter one not only looks better, but gives you better visibility where you can see the front end of the nose of the car.. here's the pix:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks fl 355! can you post some instructions on dash removal, screw locations, etc...? Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dash Pos

Mike Pullens site is www.lamborghinisport.com

He does not have the pod on the site... they are exact the same as the 2 piece VT pod.. Makes the car seem more roomier inside and you see a lot more of the road.. I bit of fun to fit but worth it...

Carlo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts