·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dream may finally come true
I’ve got the opportunity to buy a 07 Gallardo coupe at a really good price
34000 miles
Clean carfax
Don’t know much other about it other then pictures I was sent until I can go put my hands on it
Will run clutch snap next week
Really clean
Has aftermarket exhaust
Known issues
Air bag light turns on when started then off and then stays on
Check engine lights
1-5
6-10
Any advice would be great

·
Registered
23 Posts
34000 miles
Clean carfax
Don’t know much other about it other then pictures I was sent until I can go put my hands on it
Really clean
Has aftermarket exhaust
Known issues
Check engine lights
1-5
6-10
Highly advise a PPI w/ nearest Lamborghini Service Center before purchasing. 1-5 and 6-10 Engine warning could be a temp sensor, which will be a few $Ks. Good luck and once you receive one, it will be an awesome experience.

·
Registered
308 Posts
+1 on the PPI, and make sure a master tech is the one to go through the car.

You should post the "really good price" you are being offered the car, as you'll also get feedback about your deal. Lots of smart guys on the forum who can give you market feedback as well if you want it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
34000 miles
Clean carfax
Really clean
Has aftermarket exhaust
Known issues
Check engine lights
1-5
6-10
All good comments below start with a full PPI and make sure they hit the throttle hard at least once-this can detect other electrical gremlins, air bag light could be anything again needs to be sorted. A word of general advice about carfax in general they only tell you sales history most of us myself included do not take our cars to the dealer for service (I live in South Florida) lots of well qualified shops we use, with that said most of us will pay cash to minor fixes before going through insurance/dealer to avoid it showing up on carfax. I ran over a shredded tire and on exit under the car grabbed the rear difusser and basically destroyed it, cosmetic damage only however required a new fairly expensive difuser, had i made a claim it would have shown an accident with "unknown" damage to the rear of the car of course there was none but carfax only sees it as an accident, taking a hit in value. Dealers report everything-broken taillight lens shows as rear end damage. one of the error messages it is getting is from the after market exhaust-I have one on mine, if the 02 sensor is not relocated to compensate the flow/heat difference you will get an CE error (6-10), some like mine had it relocated no issues, some require reflashing the ECU others require reflashing and physically moving the 02 sensor. Common issues with this gen is egear pump failures need to know if and when the pump was replaced, also AC compressor, they are packed in so tight near the exhaust does not matter if used or not the heat gets to the comp clutch bearings, again mine was replaced at 22K miles and only issue was a fried bearing in the clutch assembly of the compressor pretty common for 04-07G (mine is 04) Good luck and do your home work! I spent about 4 months to find mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts