Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2017 Huracan with around 5,000 miles. The price is 230K and it's a one-owner car.

Is this a fair price? I have no idea what pre-covid prices were and don't want to lose my shorts when prices start to normalize.

Any insight at all is appreciated.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Precovid that was a 200k car but no one knows what the Lamborghini market will be after things normalize. When you look at the production numbers of the Huracan though, only the Perfs and STOs would stand a chance of holding values long term in a normal pattern

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Precovid that was a 200k car but no one knows what the Lamborghini market will be after things normalize. When you look at the production numbers of the Huracan though, only the Perfs and STOs would stand a chance of holding values long term in a normal pattern

Thanks for the info. I know I'll lose money but wasn't sure how much over "normal" prices this might be. I had thought it may have been a 180-190K car but 200K makes me feel better.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
Actually I paid $197K for a 2019 580-2 with 1600 miles on it just when COVID hit..........then after that the car market went berserk.

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm looking at a 2017 Huracan with around 5,000 miles. The price is 230K and it's a one-owner car.

Is this a fair price? I have no idea what pre-covid prices were and don't want to lose my shorts when prices start to normalize.

Any insight at all is appreciated.
What's the color/spec/options and what was the original MSRP?

33 months ago I bought a one-owner 2016 Huracan MSRP $270K with 1000 miles with front/rear laser jammers tint and ceramic coating from my friend for $190K cash with 0 sales tax due to private sale.

Today I could sell it for more than I paid for it despite semi-daily driving. Always garaged never druiven in rain still looks/smells brand new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One big thing to think about and differentiate is how much of the Huracan's elevated prices can be attributed to the car and chip shortage due to COVID and how much is attributable to the overall insane increase of luxury asset prices (watches, real estate, art, etc.) I believe that most of the price increase is not due to COVID since Lamborghini's production did not suffer from the chip shortage. Their production numbers actually went up year over year. The wealthy just have more money to spend on luxury goods right now so you're seeing a massive shift upwards in luxury product pricing. I don't know how long this lasts but I don't see this changing until the Fed tightens.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
One big thing to think about and differentiate is how much of the Huracan's elevated prices can be attributed to the car and chip shortage due to COVID and how much is attributable to the overall insane increase of luxury asset prices (watches, real estate, art, etc.) I believe that most of the price increase is not due to COVID since Lamborghini's production did not suffer from the chip shortage. Their production numbers actually went up year over year. The wealthy just have more money to spend on luxury goods right now so you're seeing a massive shift upwards in luxury product pricing. I don't know how long this lasts but I don't see this changing until the Fed tightens.
And poor people became wealthy people as well! Thank you government!! Haha!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also note that the 580-2 are cheaper than the AWD 610, and as always spyders will be highest priced. You don’t list specifics in your original post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts