Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow! Nice. My 3000gt still pulls hard and rides on rails. It was the bomb when it was first released in 91/92. The reactions I got back then is similar to what I get driving my Murci today. Styling queues are classic. I’m surprised current values haven’t gone up as much as other early 90s sports cars.
I did think about buy the 3000GT before picking the 300 ZX TT. NIce to know others had the same tastes and resources 30+ years ago. :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
OP, anyone that sees a Lamborghini, whatever the model, and are not either impressed or complementary then they know not from whence they speak. All Lamborghinis' are works of art.............they just happen to have motors and wheels. ;)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
OP, anyone that sees a Lamborghini, whatever the model, and are not either impressed or complementary then they know not from whence they speak. All Lamborghinis' are works of art.............they just happen to have motors and wheels. ;)
I don't disagree with this, but to other Lamborghini owners, the G owners are looked down upon. To other car guys, the G's are known to be the lowest Lambo. Just the way the world works. My initial post was about the humor it produces when G owners get all angry about someone saying the truth. Like this meme I found.
Cartoon Facial expression Vertebrate Organ Product

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
Im in Europe, Cannes to be exact. Out of my mind on Vodka. If that makes me poor, F(&($($ it, cuz im happy as a motherf;$;$;& er right now!
:giggle: Hopefully, you feel as good tomorrow. Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was in middle school when the 3000GT came out and I was obsessed.
The Mitsubishi 3000GT was a technology marvel. One of the coolest features was that you could turn the exhaust down/muffle it such that you wouldn't disturb the neighbors. I never owned one so I'm sorely lacking in details on this feature. The equivalent, or somewhat equivalent to the 3000GT was the Dodge Stealth.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Baby Bull, poor man's lambo I can't tell that by looking. All I see is an amazing car. I was visiting the shop yesterday and a guy brought in his white Gallardo. Man it looked nice and sounded awesome. I also was lucky as the shop was removing the engine from a 1994 Diablo and I took photos. Will post the photos in the Diablo section shortly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the people who said it is all relative have it right. That said there are definitely people out there who will look at lower end cars of a marque as a "poor mans" version imho. I had this back when I was into Porsches. I started small with my first ever sports car being a 986 Boxster S. Yellow. The stigma of the "hairdressers" car etc sort of sits with that car. At that same time you are still paying Porsche prices for dealer service etc etc... To people at work, hey wow you have a "Porsche". To others "hey it's just a Boxster". The vibe changes as you move into 981, or 911 or GT car territory. My green wrapped GT4 got way more "car guy" love. As a note the convertible yellow boxster is still the car that attracted the most female attention out of all of them ha. (didn't matter to me as married)

I read a post a while back that while a Gallardo is the "entry level" for modern-ish Lambos... to the guy seeing you drive down the street, it doesn't matter if the doors go up, or how old it is, it's still "wow it's a Lambo". At least in my mind that's the main factor. I actually expected more of the "just a gallardo" feeling from lambo events but so far my experience is pretty much everyone in the club is friendly and respectful and looks at each other as another lambo owner. That said... would I have bought a gated Murci if I could have vs Gallardo... probably. Do I care? Not really. I still would choose and did choose my gated pre lp over automatic M. For me it's more about driving and personal enjoyment and nostalgia... The bang for the buck with cost, maintenance cost etc... just makes a lot of sense. Who cares what other people think anyhow.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the people who said it is all relative have it right. That said there are definitely people out there who will look at lower end cars of a marque as a "poor mans" version imho. I had this back when I was into Porsches. I started small with my first ever sports car being a 986 Boxster S. Yellow. The stigma of the "hairdressers" car etc sort of sits with that car. At that same time you are still paying Porsche prices for dealer service etc etc... To people at work, hey wow you have a "Porsche". To others "hey it's just a Boxster". The vibe changes as you move into 981, or 911 or GT car territory. My green wrapped GT4 got way more "car guy" love. As a note the convertible yellow boxster is still the car that attracted the most female attention out of all of them ha. (didn't matter to me as married)

I read a post a while back that while a Gallardo is the "entry level" for modern-ish Lambos... to the guy seeing you drive down the street, it doesn't matter if the doors go up, or how old it is, it's still "wow it's a Lambo". At least in my mind that's the main factor. I actually expected more of the "just a gallardo" feeling from lambo events but so far my experience is pretty much everyone in the club is friendly and respectful and looks at each other as another lambo owner. That said... would I have bought a gated Murci if I could have vs Gallardo... probably. Do I care? Not really. I still would choose and did choose my gated pre lp over automatic M. For me it's more about driving and personal enjoyment and nostalgia... The bang for the buck with cost, maintenance cost etc... just makes a lot of sense. Who cares what other people think anyhow.
Solid post here. I agree.
My favorite car prior to my G was my neighbor’s mid-80’s maroon 944. I learned to drive a stick in high school in that car and thought how cool… He was kind enough to let me almost ruin his transmission and I’ll never forget that. It made me want to have a sports car one day, so here we are!

·
Registered
421 Posts
In Australia the cheapest Gallardo is around $A150,000 (2004 E Gear) so we NEVER get "a poor man's car comment". The CHEAPEST AV is about 4 times more i.e. $A600,000. Now I own both BUT even though the AV is the better car - is it 4 TIMES BETTER? I really don't think so!!

Everywhere you take either car you are a "rock star" - certainly NOT poor.

If your CHEAPEST Gallardo is about $US80,000 in the USA - what car do YOU think looks "less poor" for the same sort of money??
Really? Everyone I know in car circles, especially the Gallardo owners, call the car the poor man's lambo or the pauper's lambo.

Reactions: REKIII

·
Registered
421 Posts
As someone said earlier, there will ALWAYS be someone swinging a bigger d1ck.

A few years ago, the Lamborghini and Pagani tours coincided. One of the dinners was at this famous Michelin hatted restaurant.
Both dinners had the top dogs of each respective brand - Pagani had Horatio there and Lambo had Domenicali and all the other assorted top execs.

When I arrived, the porter asked me if I was there for the Pagani or Lamborghini function? I looked into the ground and sheepishly said "Lamborghini".
As I was walking to where he directed me to go, I never felt so poor for being "just" a Lamborghini owner. 😆

81 - 100 of 107 Posts