Lamborghini Talk banner

How did you choose to protect your Lambo??

• Frontal PPF

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Full PPF

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Ceramic

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Naked

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious how you all chose to protect your Lambo. You may select more than one choice. I’m likely going front PPF and ceramic but am quite frankly wondering how these paint jobs hold up when going without anything or with ceramic only. If you went with ceramic only please share how your front end has held up. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,886 Posts
I had two Huracans' both with full frontal, backs of mirrors, and rockers and that is exactly what I will do with my incoming EVO. I have always used Suntek Ultra and although the clarity is first rate I usually wind up with a perforation in short order.........so much for self healing. I may try XPEL next go round.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do not own a Lamborghini, but on my other vehicles (Aston, Benz, BMW, etc) I had paint correction followed by full XPEL Ultimate Plus and then ceramic coat. I also have the door sills covered in Flat XPEL to protect from scratches caused by shoes.

To some this may seem like overkill, but both of our homes have long driveways (1/3 mile) that are not paved. One is packed sand and the other is moss covered. The moss covered driveway is not a concern but the sand one is, and although I only drive 5 mph on both I still like the added protection of Full PPF.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,886 Posts
I do not own a Lamborghini, but on my other vehicles (Aston, Benz, BMW, etc) I had paint correction followed by full XPEL Ultimate Plus and then ceramic coat. I also have the door sills covered in Flat XPEL to protect from scratches caused by shoes.

To some this may seem like overkill, but both of our homes have long driveways (1/3 mile) that are not paved. One is packed sand and the other is moss covered. The moss covered driveway is not a concern but the sand one is, and although I only drive 5 mph on both I still like the added protection of Full PPF.
What's the old adage the road to hell is paved with good intentions but now I guess, in your case, the road to home is better paved than unpaved. :giggle:

One other consideration OP, if you intend to track I would recommend doing full coverage.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hmmm. I’ve always done my door sills too and that’s not overkill in my mind but I’ve never heard doing it in matte. That’s a cool idea!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts