Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone broke a plenum chamber on there Diablo.... Be good to know... Ive been hearing a cracking noise everytime i started driving my car thinking it was maybe a starter motor or air con switch that was going to be a problem but today i started it with a load explosen.. The car revs where at 4000rpm at idle.. Switched it off and i have a 6 inch split in the plenum chamber.. Anyone know what could cause this over fueling..

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 99 SV.. I have just sent it to Carrera sport for them to take a look at... The noise it made on start up was scary a very loud bang that left my ears ringing... The cast is very thin on the corner of the chamber.. I have saved the picture somewhere on my computor i will try and upload it..

Carlo

·
Registered
88 Posts
you may have had an injector stick open causing a buildup of fuel. Also a bad vacuum leak could cause a backfire in the intake as well. That explosion has to go somewhere. I once had a 911 that it blew the fuel injector clean out of the manifold.
dave
:eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car is running very rich.. The plugs are black and the lamda probes are black as well... I have some spare probes i will put in and see if it stops the thing running rich... I think you may be right with the vacum pipe as i have one that bridges the intake manifold that is not all that firmly on... What supprised me though is how it split the chamber but no hoses came of the casting at all...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts