Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made a huge mistake I traded in my favorite car I ever owned. My new 2021 turbo s got delivered and I got cheap so decided to trade in my rs . That was a huge mistake....
I’m looking to get out of turbo s the car is amazing but it’s just too tame for my liking.
My options Performante or go back to a gt3rs
What would you do?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just made a huge mistake I traded in my favorite car I ever owned. My new 2021 turbo s got delivered and I got cheap so decided to trade in my rs . That was a huge mistake....
I’m looking to get out of turbo s the car is amazing but it’s just too tame for my liking.
What would you do?
Drive both but I would seriously consider the Perf. As long as you are okay with the attention that comes wkth driving a lambo you'll be ecstatic with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
What would you do?
Your asking a somewhat biased audience, this is a Lamboghini forum. A lot of us have come from Porsche and can still appreciate their value, but it’s like comparing apples to oranges. And I’m not speaking performance wise, they are both exceptional high performance vehicles. It’s everything else that separates them from appearance to exclusivity. I see 10 to 20 Porches a day, I seldom ever see another Lamborghini , of course I’m not in Newport Beach either. The sound alone was enough to pull me out of my favorite brand, but there is so much more. I agree with the above post, drive a Lamborghini and decide for yourself. But as mentioned above if you’re shy and not one for attention you might wanna reconsider sticking with Porsche.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,554 Posts
I had a LG 2019 3RS and a 2018 2RS and I prefer the Lamborghini hands down. TBH, I felt the 3RS was all show and no go.........and took forever to get to 9K rpms, i.e hp deficient.......I would do the EVO or Performante.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a LG 2019 3RS and a 2018 2RS and I prefer the Lamborghini hands down. TBH, I felt the 3RS was all show and no go.........and took forever to get to 9K rpms, i.e hp deficient.......I would do the EVO or Performante.....
What was your take on the 2rs? .... I love the look of the Lamborghini I just hate the how low the roof line is and the windscreen is so long.....
Would you go spider or coupe for some reason they are asking the same amount of money.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
What was your take on the 2rs? .... I love the look of the Lamborghini I just hate the how low the roof line is and the windscreen is so long.....
Would you go spider or coupe for some reason they are asking the same amount of money.
I had fun with the 2RS but got bored with it. I prefer the styling of the Lamborghini and the power and sound the 10 Cylinder Huracan makes is amazing. I had a 2019 580-2 for about 5 months then traded it for a new 2021 EVO RWD Coupe. I am not a fan of drop tops because they don't age all that well, I don't care for the fabric top, and I love having the engine on display with the TEB......................... but there are many on this forum to include Russ and others that swear by the convertible......to each their own.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I am not likely ever to buy another Porsche......just based upon my experience with the brand and my personal preferences.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not likely ever to buy another Porsche......just based upon my experience with the brand and my personal preferences.
I did the mclaren thing for a while now I’m really into Porsche.... but I’m sure I’ll tell the same way about Lamborghini...... I wish I would have bought the Performante last year could have saved some money.... prices have been outrageous!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
What would you do?
Are you going to track more than street? 3RS

Are you going to street more than track? HP

My 991 GT3 was a rough daily which I did for 2 straight years. RS even more hardcore. You get the HP you will still shine on the occasional track days and have a more exciting ownership experience.

Porsche are a dime a dozen. Majority cant tell the difference between a Cayman and a 911.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You already owned a RS so to me the choice is easy. I would definitely try something new and the good thing for you is the Perf is absolutely INCREDIBLE. Nothing “tame” about it and one of the best driving experiences you will have. I can’t get enough of mine!

Reactions: azzurri

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You already owned a RS so to me the choice is easy. I would definitely try something new and the good thing for you is the Perf is absolutely INCREDIBLE. Nothing “tame” about it and one of the best driving experiences you will have. I can’t get enough of mine!
Performante it is .... hopefully sooner then later .... thanks guys... I’ll post pictures as soon as I find the right spec...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Performante it is .... hopefully sooner then later .... thanks guys... I’ll post pictures as soon as I find the right spec...
Sweet! I always recommend driving one first as everyone has different driving styles and expectations. Test out the different style seats that are offered, see how you fit in a coupe vs spyder, etc. Good luck with the hunt!

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Are you going to track more than street? 3RS

Are you going to street more than track? HP

My 991 GT3 was a rough daily which I did for 2 straight years. RS even more hardcore. You get the HP you will still shine on the occasional track days and have a more exciting ownership experience.

Porsche are a dime a dozen. Majority cant tell the difference between a Cayman and a 911.
I found nothing hardcore about the 3RS in my opinion it had more wing than "thing".....no horsepower and power deficient. Frankly the 2RS was fun but Porsche has even made their GT cars a tad too civilized and boring. The power of the Huracan with the bucking 10 cylinder on downshifts + the amazing sound is much more raw and engaging. I put around 5K miles on the 2RS in short order and it was time to move on and move on quickly. Another thing that we discussed and that's perplexing to me is people would buy a 3RS and a 2RS and wax lyrical about its performance but never drive it. So my question is how the heck would they know? They mostly would start it up and maybe go around the block a few times then hermetically seal their Porsches in their garages, and rave about performance. Though, I understand that people are into Porsches but to me I am way way past that now.

Reactions: azzurri

·
Registered
46 Posts
What would you do?
Side question to your question - what is the noticeable difference between the Turbo s & Gt3RS ( I own 2017 Turbo s & Perfomante spyder ) thanks

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I found nothing hardcore about the 3RS in my opinion it had more wing than "thing".....no horsepower and power deficient. Frankly the 2RS was fun but Porsche has even made their GT cars a tad too civilized and boring. The power of the Huracan with the bucking 10 cylinder on downshifts + the amazing sound is much more raw and engaging. I put around 5K miles on the 2RS in short order and it was time to move on and move on quickly. Another thing that we discussed and that's perplexing to me is people would buy a 3RS and a 2RS and wax lyrical about its performance but never drive it. So my question is how the heck would they know? They mostly would start it up and maybe go around the block a few times then hermetically seal their Porsches in their garages, and rave about performance. Though, I understand that people are into Porsches but to me I am way way past that now.
You must have better roads than me. I dailied the GT3 for 2 years, it is a bone jarring/teeth rattling ride. Potholes feel like hitting a crater. Front lip scrapes on everything even with lift activated. Visibility is horrible with the wing obstructing rear view. Sport cup 2 tires are basically slicks life-threatening when cold or in the rain.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
You must have better roads than me. I dailied the GT3 for 2 years, it is a bone jarring/teeth rattling ride. Potholes feel like hitting a crater. Front lip scrapes on everything even with lift activated. Visibility is horrible with the wing obstructing rear view. Sport cup 2 tires are basically slicks life-threatening when cold or in the rain.
We do have pretty decent roads in my part of Texas but what made me sell the 3RS is when I mashed down the accelerator I was waiting for a payoff but none was forthcoming. I thought is this all it's got?
The Cup 2s worked okay for me since I never drive these cars in the rain but I agree they are not all that safe with inclement weather.

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yup different types of driving. For street driving, GT3 does well N/A engine has direct throttle response and winds up to high redline with screaming exhaust note above 6000 rpm, corners like on rails, nimble and easy to weave in and out of traffic.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
You should test drive the EVO too and see what you think.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your asking a somewhat biased audience, this is a Lamboghini forum.
Perhaps the most forlorn understatement of this thread............

Truth be told, I had the opportunity to play cat and mouse between my 458 and the GT3 last fall in the mountains. I could see the guy laughing as he tried keeping up (there was no way to pass on these roads).

I certainly gave him his money's worth. We both had an absolute blast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Side question to your question - what is the noticeable difference between the Turbo s & Gt3RS ( I own 2017 Turbo s & Perfomante spyder ) thanks
The turbo s is absolutely incredible feel like an every day gt3 but with out the 9k rpm and the sound. I think exotic should make great sounds.... I didn’t realize how much I hated turbo cars ....
btw did anyone see how much the turbo s beat the Performante in Virginia race way?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts