Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just got a warning on the dash that one of my rear tires has low pressure. My husband pumped it back up to the appropriate pressure and we looked for any nails, but couldn't see any in the tire. 2 days later, it's dropped 4 PSI again. Now I have to take it to get the tire fixed, but here's the problem: There is no Lambo dealer in my state!!!!! I've read and heard all about the horror stories about the windshields cracking, etc, if the car is jacked up inappropriately. I know that it needs a center support lift, but before I take it in, anything else I need to know about where to hoist it up that I should remind the guys who are working on my car about. There's only 2 LP640's in town (mine is a roadster) and I'm really worried that no one is going to know how to handle this baby! Do I take it to my Ferrari dealer in town?
H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Most of the jacking horror stories involve lifting the front (which is the tie in the windshield). There is a single lift point on the rear so you should be in good shape.

-mick

·
Administrator
5,156 Posts
I would take the tire off myself and take it to the store before I'd let some 18 year old jack (no pun intended) with my car. You should always be worried when someone else handles your car. Dealers included! Sorry.

C

·
0 Posts
Hi folks, just got a warning on the dash that one of my rear tires has low pressure. My husband pumped it back up to the appropriate pressure and we looked for any nails, but couldn't see any in the tire. 2 days later, it's dropped 4 PSI again. Now I have to take it to get the tire fixed, but here's the problem: There is no Lambo dealer in my state!!!!! I've read and heard all about the horror stories about the windshields cracking, etc, if the car is jacked up inappropriately. I know that it needs a center support lift, but before I take it in, anything else I need to know about where to hoist it up that I should remind the guys who are working on my car about. There's only 2 LP640's in town (mine is a roadster) and I'm really worried that no one is going to know how to handle this baby! Do I take it to my Ferrari dealer in town?
H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!
Before you go to all that, check the stem valve. Lots of times it is just the valve that needs tightening. They do not last for ever, as most car people think they do. Easy way to check, remove cap, a blob of spit on the opening, sit there and watch, for a bubble. If you see that, then the valve may just need to be tightened. NOT much, only takes 1/8th to 1/4 turn to do the job.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Before you go to all that, check the stem valve. Lots of times it is just the valve that needs tightening. They do not last for ever, as most car people think they do. Easy way to check, remove cap, a blob of spit on the opening, sit there and watch, for a bubble. If you see that, then the valve may just need to be tightened. NOT much, only takes 1/8th to 1/4 turn to do the job.
lol...Can you imagine this nice lady spitting on her tire...lol..

Or spray something like windex/soapy water, etc on and around the valve stem, you should see some bubbles if there is a leak.

Make sure the tire is at or above pressure listed on the door sill. It's alot easier to find leaks at 40-45 psi than 15 psi.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
if a trailer ride is necessary, make sure its an enclosed trailer. also the lp is wider than a regular lambo so make sure it fits and they use soft straps. a tire fix is easy ;)

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
If you're worried just bring the tyre/wheel to the shop like Rayman said. This is how I get my tires changed. Take the wheels off the car (2 at a time) and throw them into the DD and drop them off at the tyre shop.

I once got a rear puncture while driving and we just stuck a jack under the middle of rear cross member and that was it. Easy as pie. Not sure about Murcielago jacking points.

Rosso.. ?? Or did you mean an M is wider than a G?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for suggestions. It's not flat or anything, but it's got a slow leak, I didn't drive on it while it was low, so I'm certain the tire is not damaged. It'll hold plenty of pressure for me to drive it to the shop without any problems. I've found a place in town that works on exotics (at least what they consider 'exotic' here in Ut) and hopefully they can figure out how to lift the car on their shop hoist without damaging anything--I'm going to be right there to ensure that they place the supports in the right place on the underside of the car. God help me (and my green baby).

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
don't worry, a competent tire shop can find the leak

i had slow leak and it indeed was the stem valve. the tire shop fixed it for free. it's good to know a good tire shop that you trust. avoid chain with extremely cheap install rates. they usually hire cheap labor that has high turnover.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I checked what you said and guess what? A bubble formed! You are so awesome!!!!!! Now how do I tighten the valve? Do I need a special tool? Thank you so much :)

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Go to an auto store and buy a cheapie Valve Stem Tool. It looks like a minitaure 4-way tire iron. It has a slotted end that should fit into the valve stem. Then turn to tighten. Be gentle, low torque, just a little turn clockwise.

Slime/4 way tire valve tool (2044-A) | Tire Valve Stem Core Remover Tool | AutoZone.com

If you turn counterclockwise, you will take the valve stem off, that's fine if you want to take it off but make sure you hold on tight to it or it will hit you in the eye when all the air rushes behind hit and pushes it out. Also, if you take it off to replace it, you may run into an issue with the TPMS sensor. So try tightening first. Failing that, maybe the LamboStuff guys have a valve stem and TPMS kit for you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much for the detailed info. Who would've thought that someone who had no mechanical inclination would be fiddling with a tire valve???? Love, love you guys and your willingness to help. Thank you again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought the valve stem tightening tool, followed your directions and now no more slow leak, verified by the spit technique. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
...you will take the valve stem off, that's fine if you want to take it off but make sure you hold on tight or it will hit you in the eye .....
I'm CERTAIN that EyeDoc would wear eye protection! Otherwise she might become her own best patient!

Glad it worked out simply and easily. This forum is full of great people who love to help! It's a wonderful community!:wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts