Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I need advise about 2008 yellow Superleggera 7K miles ( Excell auto group Florida) versus 2009 Green LP 560-4......13K miles(Prestige imports miami)

I liked both cars but not sure what is the best if Ive to sell it in 2 yrs or so.

Any mechanical problem or recall you guys noticed? Which one is faster & more reliable & easy to sell again & worry free driving experience too.

I would appreciate your valuable comments.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Both are the same price?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need advise about 2008 yellow Superleggera 7K miles ( Excell auto group Florida) versus 2009 Green LP 560-4......13K miles(Prestige imports miami)

I liked both cars but not sure what is the best if Ive to sell it in 2 yrs or so.
!!!!
Prestige is a much better dealer

Green is a much more sought after color

I'd much rather have a nice Italian leather interior than something that looks like its made from old bath robes

The e-gear in the LP cars are a huge step forward

·
Registered
821 Posts
I vote for the 09 Verde LP560-4. It performs much better according to most tests I've seen. Green is also a very rare colour and approx $8k option.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Love both of these cars. I don't think you can wrong with either one? First instinct! I think you'll be happy with either. Both are beautiful cars..... Good luck....

·
Registered
705 Posts
I vote LP but for heavens sake gotta change the wheels

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Prestige is a much better dealer

Green is a much more sought after color

I'd much rather have a nice Italian leather interior than something that looks like its made from old bath robes

The e-gear in the LP cars are a huge step forward
Agree with Shark01.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Drive them and you'll know. One is hardcore. The other is flashy and livable
I disagree with "one" (2008 SL) is hardcore. If you read up on literature, the 2009 LPs are much more responsive and faster than the 2008 SLs.

I vote for LP560-4 hands down!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I disagree with "one" (2008 SL) is hardcore. If you read up on literature, the 2009 LPs are much more responsive and faster than the 2008 SLs.

I did test drive on both. LP560-4 was much louder start, then quiter later on, pretty faster & quicker....it has Corsa mode too. Loved front led Y shaped lights & Y shaped brake lights. Not to mention killer front bumper...It almost look like a little aventdor. But it has 13Kmiles.........how many miles I could drive?

Then SL, loudest start, then stayed louder unlike LP560-4.

I did not feel that it was faster than LP560-4 ......It really difficult to tell if it was faster than LP560-4. However, it was not louder than LP560 on 6th gear.
LP560 opens up like real Bull Bark at 6th gear............Only thing I like is SL has sexy rear wing & carbonfiber side mirror .......Also it has 7K miles which mean 7K more miles than LP560

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Much more? 30 HP translates to not much more.
Lamborghini 0-60 Times & Lamborghini Quarter Mile Times | Lamborghini Aventador 0-60, Gallardo, Murcielago Roadster, Countach, Reventon, Diablo and new Lambo 0 to 60 stats!
Tenth of a second in the quarter mile.

The SL is also much rarer and has all the cool stuff that others pay BIG bucks to add on. CF wing, side skirts, CF bonnet etc.
And they don't get the CF doors and interior bits.
I had the same choice and went with SL, never regretted it.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
from a technical point of view, from what I have read, the LP 560 has the more modern 5.2 litre V10 FSI engine and a totally different and 'better developed' e -gear than the pre LP models.

On a styling point, I personally prefer the original lines of the pre LP Gallardo's, but both styles are very attractive.

I would not be too worried about 7k vs 13k miles.

So for me , I want a LP for its mechanical improvements plus better candidate for a TT- ask Kevin. I would be prepared to live with LP 560 even with knowledge that the SL is a rawer vehicle with the styling that I prefer over the LP 560.

Just my two cents worth.
john

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I would go with the 560-4, although both cars will satisfy. I'm actually looking at a manual 560-4 right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
On the mileage, there seems to be an invisible barrier at 10k. Once you go over, the value takes a small hit. 13 to 18k will not influence the value much, if any. So probably the LP is better in that respect.

Also, have we not seen this green one come by very recently in a 'I bought a G' thread? As it had same/similar styling wheels... (Go all black on 'm, please!)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts