Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing an exhaust system built in house by Platnium Motors in Orange County. Does anyone have one? Any comments regarding sound (compared to Tubi / Larini) and workmanship?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a custom exhaust put in for my Murcie by Platimum and have to say it ranked number one with alot of people including me. Only problem was on low RPM the sound in the car was almost too loud for the wife. Keep the rev's up and you will do just fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Platinum is a great place, good people, products etc. I have done lots of biz with them and have friends who have as well and everyone is happy. I would reccomend them to everyone. I have no affiliation with them except being a happy customer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Platinum in Beverly Hills has a '03 Murcie with their in-house exhaust in the showroom. Maybe you can drop by and ask them to fire it up :) . I've heard their system before on a Murcie and it's outrageous to say the least!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone -

Just paid ofr a Tubi system from a local dealer - will be here in 2 weeks. I've heard the Tubi on a Diablo and know what to expect.

FYI - The drawback with the Platnium system, according to the independent who has installed them before, is that it is basically a series of straight pipes. His concern is cold air working back in and possible valve damage. Anyway, Tubi has been around a long time and know for thier quality of workmanship.

Went with entire system, including test pipes and new exhaust tips...can't wait.. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Frank - I thought you were big into concours? Won't a different exhaust ding you on the scores? Or are you not planning that as much for the Diablo? Does anyone even do Lambo concours?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boy it's nice to have a reputation :)

Yes, I'll show the car for the next year or so...

Tubi permitted as it is dealer installed option .. as long as you keep the original syle tip exhaust tips... Tubi makes 4/70mm that are identical to stock. If you use their 2 into 1, you would get dinged, but I don't think more than a point..

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
LV Eric said:
Platinum is a great place, good people, products etc. I have done lots of biz with them and have friends who have as well and everyone is happy. I would reccomend them to everyone. I have no affiliation with them except being a happy customer.
I'm a little late on this thread. However, I do have to agree both Jeff and Grant are top notch guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts