Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had rear tires on order for the Countach since October 2004. Does anyone here know when they are going to start making these again??

Thanks in advance Vic

Come on "PIRELLI" :whip: :kiss: :wave:

Please!!! :)

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
What about Diablo tires, do you have to get in line for them too? Mine only have 6,600 miles but are now 7 years old, so I'm starting to think about it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Good point Raymond, because I was not aware of this until recently, but tires will actually rot from the inside first. If they are old, you can't go by tread wear.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymondo said:
What about Diablo tires, do you have to get in line for them too? Mine only have 6,600 miles but are now 7 years old, so I'm starting to think about it.
Raymondo,

You can use the Pirelli P-Zero Rossos. I've been using those tires since last year. You'll have to use the next size bigger for the fronts, as our OEM front size are no longer available.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally got the rear tires for my Countach, now I have yet to do something with the fronts. Pirrelli no longer makes the 205/50-15 or the 225/50-15 any thoughts from the list? I was thinking of going with the 205/50YR15 B.F Goodrich g-force T/A.

Thanks in advance
Vic Woloschinow
1984 Countach

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Redlambo said:
Well I finally got the rear tires for my Countach, now I have yet to do something with the fronts. Pirrelli no longer makes the 205/50-15 or the 225/50-15 any thoughts from the list? I was thinking of going with the 205/50YR15 B.F Goodrich g-force T/A.

Thanks in advance
Vic Woloschinow
1984 Countach
You can install instead Pirelli PZero C, this is the Semislick version of Pirelli but road legal, installing those will also cure the understeer tendency of your car, but not really made for driving in the wet...
http://www.pirellicompetizioni.com/en_41/products/catalogue_circuit.jhtml

·
Registered
221 Posts
raymond said:
You can install instead Pirelli PZero C, this is the Semislick version of Pirelli but road legal, installing those will also cure the understeer tendency of your car, but not really made for driving in the wet...
Thanks, Raymond I didn't know about these. :wave:

Another Question would you go with the 205 wide or the 225's? I am leaning toward the 225's although the original size on the LP5000s was 205.

Thanks in Advance, Vic

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Redlambo said:
raymond said:
Thanks, Raymond I didn't know about these. :wave:

Another Question would you go with the 205 wide or the 225's? I am leaning toward the 225's although the original size on the LP5000s was 205.

Thanks in Advance, Vic
IMO the pzero c are racin oriented tyres, much grip...so a 205 should be enough
i'll pik mine monday in 205 :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The problem in europe is, the cars pre QV were stated to have 205, if you install 225 instead you will run into troubles with the registration office when you have to show the car for inspection.
If they don't mind you can install 225, but remember both are of 50 series, this means the 225/50 has a larger extent which will influence your odometer...

BUt it can't be that bad since many LP400s here in Europe are runing on 225/50 instead of the quasi not available 205/50.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
raymond said:
The problem in europe is, the cars pre QV were stated to have 205, if you install 225 instead you will run into troubles with the registration office when you have to show the car for inspection.
If they don't mind you can install 225, but remember both are of 50 series, this means the 225/50 has a larger extent which will influence your odometer...

BUt it can't be that bad since many LP400s here in Europe are runing on 225/50 instead of the quasi not available 205/50.
Great point I never even gave that a thought. Thanks again Vic

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
raymond said:

Raymond: Are the P Zero's that are on the 89 Anniversary Countach still available?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Yes you can get the Pzero, if they say they can't deliver ask Terry, he can organize them.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
just bought 205/50 zr 15 p zero c : they are 195 euro each without taxes
of course there is also the 225/50 zr 15 for 25th, priced slightly more
pirelli don't make rear pzeroc in 345 but as raymond said before you can find the
standard pzero

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hello there,
I'll soon have to replace the 4 tires on a 1983 LP500s...
I understand P0 C 225/50 can replace the P7 at the front, and that this sounds like a good thing to do.
What about the P7 345/45 rear tires then ? Are they still available (in this case, can they be used with P0 225 at the front?), or what is the best alternative ?
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
No, no more P7 only Pzero's.
They are available, Terry can organize them.
I have to buy some too for my one, but I'm thinking of installing Michelin TB instead.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts