Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been said repeatedly that pictures don’t do these car and their paint jobs justice. I love looking at everyone’s pictures and videos, but in person these cars are like “Sweet Jesus how is this possible?!

Anyone have any tips on how to take pictures that accentuate the beauty and color of these beasts?

snapped a couple from my IPhone, and this is about the best I have gotten. Would better camera, any filters to use, exposure settings help? I fall in love every time I open the garage.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 Blu Cepheus Urus
302 Posts
Viola Bast?

Everything about these cars is tough to capture on camera.
How many cars have you seen in photos and loved. Then you see it in person and you are blown away by the width, the angles, all the parts and curves you never noticed before.

Then you have the paint that can be something impossible to see in photos. The colors can have you literally memorized because your eyes have never seen it before.

So many photos I have seen of Blu Cepheus was different (here is a failed attempt to capture the pearl on my Urus but wait an hour and I swear it changes color haha). When I saw it in person, I knew thats what I was ordering. Then time went past and I would look and photos and question my choice until I would go into a dealer to see the paint sample-then I was hooked again.

"No, you have to see it in person" is something I assume are words spoke often with people on this forum.

BTW-I noticed the color was more lavender when I downloaded the first image. I took a screenshot of the image and the color is more accurate in the second photo. That is one thing that could also be throwing off coloring for other people as well?
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Azure Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,245 Posts
OP, Congrats! That Viola Bast EVO is eye candy in more ways than one, Enjoy!

Reactions: Murciful

·
Registered
302 Posts
Polarizer, good white balance and you need to have the original color in front of you when editing as a reference. But… even with all of this every device has a different screen temperature so it still may not render properly.

oh, and try not to take photos of blue cars - blue is notoriously difficult to capture properly in photographs, even with a reference and good editing skills.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gents. I have a Nikon zoom camera I picked up from Costco a few years back for I think $600. I’ll charge that up and play around.
That pic looks incredible Rico, like a mirror finish.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
A metallic color reflects light from each metal flake from various angles. looks like they use several paint colors mixed in together, It all depends of the light of day, angle of the sun rays and camera angle. Even then the eyes are organic compared to a lens.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,388 Posts
Thanks gents. I have a Nikon zoom camera I picked up from Costco a few years back for I think $600. I’ll charge that up and play around.
That pic looks incredible Rico, like a mirror finish.
Your Viola Bast EVO looks absolutely amazing, that is something I would seriously consider for my next one!

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I was a little nervous ordering the color having never seen it in person. The pictures and videos online from Lambo dealers are muted and not inspiring. The Unica app picture was also disheartening.(attached) Schmees videos do a pretty good job, as well as the Lord Aleem photos/videos. (Also attached). I get that nice people will say nice things pretty much no matter what, and no one drinks more of their own Koolaid than I do… but I highly recommend trying to see it IRL.. absolute showstopper. The glitter is over the top. If diamond dust is a real option, I’m seriously considering Viola Bast with diamond dust for the A replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
My recommendation is to make sure the surroundings reflect light, whether it’s a sunny day or having the backdrop contrast with the color of the car. That’s why profession photographers take pictures in a white room. Try to capture that environment outside (colored buildings, white sandy beaches, green tropical backdrops with blues skies, etc). Also consider buying some post flood lights to enhance reflections of the car. You can take it as far as your want. Just takes effort.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
It’s been said repeatedly that pictures don’t do these car and their paint jobs justice. I love looking at everyone’s pictures and videos, but in person these cars are like “Sweet Jesus how is this possible?!

Anyone have any tips on how to take pictures that accentuate the beauty and color of these beasts?

snapped a couple from my IPhone, and this is about the best I have gotten. Would better camera, any filters to use, exposure settings help? I fall in love every time I open the garage.

View attachment 316789 View attachment 316790
Beautiful car :love: :love:

Each camera has a microchip sensor to capture color spectrums. Expensive camera generally has better sensor (around 45 mp of nikon z7ii vs 12 mp of iphone 13), so you get about 4x the quality. I like Nikon so have been using it when I need quality photos. You can see some of the sample Tecnica photos that I took from few months ago.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Avoid strong light, such as mid/late afternoon on a sunny day. Early morning or an overcast day will give you the best overall soft light so you avoid hotspots/harsh highlights. You can edit to blur background with an app like Focos or in photoshop if you don’t have the capability on your current camera.

I can’t wait to see Viola Blast in real life. I’m sure it will be even more stunning. And my brain can’t imagine what it would possibly look like with Diamond dust. It’s already ahhmazing!

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,245 Posts

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
883 Posts
Purple and Lambo's just go together so perfectly! Gorgeous spec, get her under some crazy lights with a soft background..oh and get those calipers color matched ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts

View attachment 316789 View attachment 316790

·
Registered
39 Posts
The best tip I ever got was to take photos from a distance. I was always taking photos from as close to the car as possible. All this did was made the car look extremely rounded. When I started moving back to a distance and zooming in, it keeps the flat, wide, angular look of the car intact.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci
1 - 20 of 39 Posts