Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just picked up this verde ithica SVJ. Thing is a beast, wild and visceral. It has a Brooke Racing exhaust on it, wish it was a little louder like the Gintani.

one question I have is, to prevent premature clutch damage do we still drive these like the e-gear G’s? I.e.shift to neutral at stops, take off slightly spirited etc? Or has the system improved (wear wise).
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car
Vehicle Compound bow

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would keep the thought of it as a more advanced e-gear haha. I drove my S and SV the same. I’d let off of the gas when upshifting, put it in neutral when idling still or at a stop, and etc, but that’s me. Congrats on the pickup

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
169 Posts
Awesome car, love the color! If I'd had the cheddar for an SVJ, that's what I would have gone with.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Congrats!

It looks like one that was here in Houston and for sale recently. Was it from Houston?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
Stunning car! Love everything about it.

Reactions: vinnyb

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Wish I brought a towel to the office today to sop up some of this dribble. Congrats. Absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
2019 SVJ
23 Posts
Congrats! I own a verde ithaca SVJ also!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,711 Posts
Man o man that is stunning; Enjoy and drive in the Best of Health!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Stunning car and spec, congrats.

Btw, regarding the clutch I put my SVJ in N at the lights to be safe but the car will automally switch to N if the car is sitting at the lights for a long time.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,257 Posts
Beautiful. Congrats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stunning car and spec, congrats.

Btw, regarding the clutch I put my SVJ in N at the lights to be safe but the car will automally switch to N if the car is sitting at the lights for a long time.
Nice that’s what I’ve been doing, back of my mind I have a fear of it not shifting to 1st when the light turns. Read so many of those posts lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! Looks Great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guys, just picked up this verde ithica SVJ. Thing is a beast, wild and visceral. It has a Brooke Racing exhaust on it, wish it was a little louder like the Gintani.

one question I have is, to prevent premature clutch damage do we still drive these like the e-gear G’s? I.e.shift to neutral at stops, take off slightly spirited etc? Or has the system improved (wear wise).
View attachment 289497 View attachment 289498 View attachment 289499
🤘 Gorgeous SVJ! Such a beast, if you do consider swapping out the exhaust take a look at the Fabspeed Motorsport Aventador SVJ Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System Completely bolt on, no lights, cutting or welding. This system uses Helical valves as well is handmade here in Ft. Washington PA and is backed by a lifetime warranty! Take a peak at the setup below, and feel free to reach out with any questions or for exclusive forum pricing!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats! Looks great!

Regarding the clutch, I had the same questions with my SV. Straight from Lamborghini - the ecu constantly learns and adapts as you drive, so do not ease on the gas when you change gears and stay in gear at the lights, because that is when it loads up what it learned. If you put it in N it stops learning. Clutch wear is not supposed to be affected at all when driving as indicated by Lambo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts