Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Recently took delivery of my Aventador SV, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what phone holder/mount to use.
I used to have one that clipped into the air vents, but when I use that in the SV, the bottom of the phone keeps hitting and rubbing against the carbon fiber on top of the screen when driving.

So I'm curious what type of phone holder you all use?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
I use this magnetic one in my Huracan.

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts
Although YOUR use case may not be an issue, I would never expose electronics next to magnets. Way to many things can go wrong. Be careful.
The new iphone 12 Max has the magnet built into it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The new iphone 12 Max has the magnet built into it.
Correct. From Quora:
“It's actually fairly difficult for anything other than a remarkably strong magnet to mess up electronics - you can screw with data on magnetically stored medium (RAM, by the way, is electrically stored, and shouldn't be affected by your garden-variety magnetic field). If the magnetic field is sufficiently strong, and either time-variant or you start moving the device around, you can induce a voltage on some of the traces inside, which may just be enough to create sufficient voltage ripple to throw it out of spec and make it behave weirdly.

In extreme circumstances, and with a switched power supply, you can mess with magnetic fields generated by the electronics used for energy storage, which is usually finely tuned - throw it off too much, and you can cause the power supply to start throwing out weird voltages (it'd have to be a really big magnet). Lastly, the most visible sign is in LCDs, which use ferrous crystals to either block or allow light - a magnet there will make a dark spot - it usually goes away when you remove the magnet. Don't try it with an LCD you like, though. (it used to be in CRTs you could make a rainbow spot where the magnetic field overpowered the steering field for the electron beam. It would stay there until you degaussed your tv).

In short, electronics can be influenced by magnetics, but usually only either in extreme circumstances or with electrical parts that depend on a unperturbed magnetic field. I place my phone on a magnetic phone holdermultiple hours per day, every day, and there have been no signs of damage.”

I’ve designed numerous consumer devices in my career. A magnet with wires in a high vibration environment is something to avoid. A single fluctuation in voltage signals can cause sporadic behavior in electrical signals. Most devices that use magnets will incorporate shielding for other critical components.

That said, for your case, it doesn’t effect anything. If you accidentally placed it on the LCD screen, buyer beware ☺

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts
I’ve used this same magnetic holder in my last 3 and never had an issue.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
450 Posts
Has anyone found a solid low profile, non damaging phone holder? Same thing would apply for a aftermarket cup holder any suggestions or good options out there?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts
Has anyone found a solid low profile, non damaging phone holder? Same thing would apply for a aftermarket cup holder any suggestions or good options out there?
I did find an aftermarket cupholder that kind of works. I won’t say it is high quality, but it will hold a small bottle of water or soda. Don’t think I’d keep anything without a sealed lid in it. Was about $8 at Walmart.com.

Hood Product Car Black Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts