Lamborghini Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ohh I totally agree there, the Original is the best, always was .

I've been researching all the actual oem parts for the car to use as many as I can. It turns out that the countach used car parts from quite a few other makes, and that apparently they were never intellectual property of the marque, you can still find them. A lot of these parts actually still bear the name of that original manufacturer right on the part, even if bought through Lamborghini. The only difference I've found is that the part from the factory would arrive in a clear Lamborghini plastic bag. almost my entire interior will utilize oem parts, gauges, lights, switches, Raid steering wheel and boss, Lucas electrical parts. I think you can get the idea. Granted everything I'm buying is based on my research of the Anniversary Countach, but my understanding is that they are all pretty close minus a few enhancements for the 89.
Sincerely,
William

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Well, hell since you can source all the parts and build one just as good, I'll put in an order for one right NOW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't believe most Lamborghini owners worry about "status" when they buy one. You don't need a car to prove anything to yourself! You can get a Ferrari, Maseratti, Lotus, Jaguar, you can go on and on and on. In the end, you buy something like that because you like it. And Lamborghini produce a shape and style of car that so unique in motoring.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dont mind a kit car as long as it original..dont try to copy whats out there. Its like buying a fake Rolex, if you cant afford the real thing there are plenty of nice Seikos or Gucci or Tags for less that can look just as nice. Why buy a cheap fake. If your going to build it build it to be your vision.

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
For all of you that don't mind replicas, there are allot of sites out there that specialize, suggest you go there. This is a Real Lamborghini site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well,
I understand this is a real Lamborghini site, and I'm personally a real Lamborghini enthusiast, but the preverbial can of worms was opened with the first statement of the thread, Basically to bann kit cars. Cmon, of course people with replicas are going to respond if they see this thread, including myself, otherwise it's one sided, everybody has their say right? The thread lumped all kit cars together in one category, that's not a really very well thought out way to present it, there are in fact replicas out there that actually compliment the real car. Perhaps take a lesson from a real Lamborghini collector, Jay Lenno, listen watch the video to what he says about the SSC Ultimate Arrow for instance. He makes a generalized statement about replicas in it. This is just my opinion and observation of course, but that's why this thread still gets replied to.
Sincerely,
William

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
This thread is a platform for your long winded ramblings on the benefits of replica's. Innocent, but annoying. No replica complements the real thing. That comes straight from a replicrap forum which is where I suggest you go back to, since I'm sure that's from where you came.

How many replica Lamborghini's do you suppose Jay Leno owns?

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok I understand, no I did not come straight from the Kit car forums, I'm still a real Lamborghini Enthusiast, especially for the Countach, Muira SV, and 400GT, the older models. Does everyone on this forum own a Lamborghini, or are there fans like myself as well.
Sincerely,
William

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Look, you don't HAVE to own a Lambo to be here, but when detailed long winded posts about replica's go on and on, it's objectionable. Just put it to rest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok then,
Well as I said, I am an Lambo enthusiast, I can show some photos I've taken of various Lamborghinis. I can also list out the parts I've found to be identical to the Countach if there's interest as these could be replacement parts for things that perhaps Lamborghini doesn't make anymore, or at least less expensive.
cheers,
William

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dont care if someone is building a replica,
As long as it makes u happy to do so. go ahead.

good luck and do post some photos for us.
Secondly, me as a lambo owner see no diffrnece between my self and others who'd like to build as cant afford it.

is the matter of passion, we all love these cars.. one way or another i dont Give a **** what others think as long as i know there is a middle class person happy with his replica, I WILL BE SO HAPPY...... these cars are toys, replica or original.

This is to all other lambo owners:

So why not we bless those who love it but cant afford it.
why not we help them to build their replicas....
Whats more important to you? Being unique or seeing more happy faces.
I would chose to see more happy faces.

when i bought my Lambo, i didnt think im so diffrent than others, i realize that i have to be more humble, there is no ****ing glory in owning a lambo, is the responibility of being more delicate to show others what sort of behaviours lead u there.

Ita the least of my concern as a lambo owners if others are building replicas, i bought mine cash by the way, not financed and not leased, what we should care is how can we creat more job opportunities, how can we as lambo owners help others to move up and buy their own.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am an Lambo enthusiast ..... I can also list out the parts I've found to be identical to the Countach if there's interest

Perhaps this might be the way to endear yourself to a few of the others here. While one attempts to build a replica or restore an original, both have to do the same research and put in the same hours trying to find the right parts.
I know this full well, as I am attempting to slowly bring my Countach back to showroom condition. It is a challenging project, since many items are no longer available from Lamborghini and the original suppliers are either out of business or have merged into another corporation that could give diddly twat about the items they originally sold to Lamborghini. I've spent many hours trying to find the original sourced parts from another brand or original equipment supplier.
Due to the famous (at least I think it is) restoration of the Cannonball Countach, it appears there are going to be a few reproduction parts available to replace damaged and inoperable original parts. If I were to use a few of these "new" and "non-original" aftermarket replacement parts, would that denigrate my Countach into the world of kit cars status? Where is the dividing line drawn at?
There appears to be a little middle ground that would require both sides to back down a tad bit. We are all after parts for these obsolete beasts. If we can help each other find them, then we suddenly have some shared common ground between us. I can speak for no one other than myself, but I would be extremely thankful for any original parts sourcing that you may have found, and I would be willing to share mine.
Seems to me a replica is nothing more than the ultimate form of flattery to the original. Remember when Farrah Fawcet (one of the Cannonball Countach "queens") got her big hair? Remember all the "replicas" in every town you passed through? Some were good, some were bad. If the "good" one had propositioned you in your prime bachelor days, would you have denied her because she was not THE original?
Not much unlike this debate, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it would be wise to remember not all of us have the same eyesight. Different strokes to different folks, but why don't we still share what we have in common?

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Anyway ,to all of you who want to rationalize replica's, just know that as long as I have Mod status, picture's posted of replica's will be deleted, unless like in the past, they're put up to sneer at and ridicule. I don't give a damn about smiling face's, and "anything goes as long as it leads to someones happiness", political correctness BS, or if I'm labeled a snob either. This site is going to remain a pure Lamborghini site.

I think that say's enough on this subject.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.