Lamborghini Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Would any one here that owns a lambo get upset if someone replicated a broke down nasty looking plymouth breeze? and admitted to having a fake. This is a retorical question I really don't expect anyone to answer but i dont think they would get upset nor look twice and that is the principle of the idea there is always replication some where. I think it may cut a little deeper with people that own the real thing and thats ok but I don't justify taking away someones dreams of wanting to own the closest thing to a lambo, I mean come on not every one can own such a car but they can own something close and be satisfied saying yeah it's a replica but it's the closest I can get to the real thing;)
I sold my soul and got one of "the real things" this past summer. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would ever be able to do such a thing in my lifetime. Do the replicas detract from my ownership experience? Not really. I just start the engine and ask them if it sounds like a v-8 or v-6. Or does it sound like a v-12 wanting to quit sitting here and go for a bit of a run. I have never had one answer "it's a kit"!

To me, replicas are only a thorn in the side of the Lambo factory. People trying to duplicate the visual appeal and design aspects that the factory has poured tons of money and time into. It doesn't hurt me per se, but it does infringe upon the factory's intellectual rights (copyrights, patent rights, and other design issues). If I designed a far out car, copyrighted the design and patented the things about it that could be patented, I suppose I might become a bit agitated towards an individual trying to cash in on my ideas and products by replicating them.

So, to me and my way of thinking, the replicas should be fair game for the factories to haul to court and charged with stealing. That is an issue between the factory and the repli-car industry. As far as to how it effects me, it is really rather minimal with people asking the "real or kit" question.

Lambhorgini needs to stop the replica stuff for it's own product identification reasons. The consumer of Lambo products only needs to smile to the uninformed and ask them, does this sound like a kit car? Would you like me to lift the engine cover, would you like to have your picture taken in a real Lamborghini?

All that you seem to be so worried about is a factory design infringement by others, a problem they need to deal with to protect their rights, not something that is going to cause any real harm to you.

Until it actually causes you personal harm, let it go, and devote your excess energy into something that will actually do society some good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Debriga has a good point

Now that i say that let me ask you. I understand the disappointment about people cashing in on replicating someones work, but let's say for instance I was middle class and was unable to buy a lambo due to financial reasons but I have scrapped and saved for years and in the mean while I was the one building the car for myself pouring my soul and my heart into the car trying to get as close to the real thing as possible knowing that it will never be a real lambo never fronting like it's a real lambo. But all I want is to be happy and that would make me happy would you still feel the same way? would you still be upset that a middle class working man wants to feel a smidgen of what you feel every time you get in that car. Would you still feel angry that they poured more heart into that car then ever could be bought with some measily green. And all they want is happiness.;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Kickn and Japhawgerboy I agree with you and I like your posts.:wave:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let me ask a question, Alot of people on this site are here to help each other with repairs, parts, etc. How many times have someone came up with a aftermarket part that works in their real lamborghini. After festering with my
'95 VT I started to get upset with build quality of lambo's, If you really look your car over, there is no possible way a lamborghini should cost 250K new. Your not paying for quality for sure. It's all about the looks and the name.
I was upset to find my dash, seats and other interior parts are fiberglass, the tail lights are out of a tractor, headlights from the 6.0 are nissan, on and on.
If anyone should get upset it should be us toward lambourghini for making our real cars that someone has paid big $'s for out of anything they want even from other cars. My dream has been slightly crushed. Until I hear that v12 roaring behind me of course. I took my car to work once and everyone thought it was a replica, I had to open the engine lid to prove them wrong, that was a little depressing I must say. My point if you get this, lets say for example, your car was broken into and someone stole your seats, if you had to come out of pocket for new seats would you get the same fiberglass ones from a replica company or go to a dealer and pay about 80% more for the same fiberglass after all is all wrapped in leather you can get anywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally I intend on getting a replica and a real Lambo, reason being I'd like to have a replica as my everyday knockabout type car and the real thing for special events.

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Let me ask a question, Alot of people on this site are here to help each other with repairs, parts, etc. How many times have someone came up with a aftermarket part that works in their real lamborghini. After festering with my
'95 VT I started to get upset with build quality of lambo's, If you really look your car over, there is no possible way a lamborghini should cost 250K new. Your not paying for quality for sure. It's all about the looks and the name.
I was upset to find my dash, seats and other interior parts are fiberglass, the tail lights are out of a tractor, headlights from the 6.0 are nissan, on and on.
If anyone should get upset it should be us toward lambourghini for making our real cars that someone has paid big $'s for out of anything they want even from other cars. My dream has been slightly crushed. Until I hear that v12 roaring behind me of course. I took my car to work once and everyone thought it was a replica, I had to open the engine lid to prove them wrong, that was a little depressing I must say. My point if you get this, lets say for example, your car was broken into and someone stole your seats, if you had to come out of pocket for new seats would you get the same fiberglass ones from a replica company or go to a dealer and pay about 80% more for the same fiberglass after all is all wrapped in leather you can get anywhere.
IMO this is no more aggravating than paying over $200K for a car built largely with Audi parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts

This is a very interesting way to put it and I agree with you completely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Audi

Thts the new lambo's '99 on. Who know what the diablo's are made out of. Lamboweb gives some replacement parts for them. I heard we could have it made if we could find out what all the parts are out of, we wouldn't get rapped by lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I understand getting upset about someone having a fake and passing it like it's legit that's not right and I would never argue different. if you have a fake and someone asks you, you need to call it a fake and live up to what you bought.
Happens too often and is a good part of the problem. Seems that mindset is not too far away in the replicrap world - and I hope the irony of your word "bought" doesn't escape you.
let's say for instance I was middle class and was unable to buy a lambo due to financial reasons but I have scrapped and saved for years and in the mean while I was the one building the car for myself pouring my soul and my heart into the car trying to get as close to the real thing as possible knowing that it will never be a real lambo never fronting like it's a real lambo. But all I want is to be happy and that would make me happy would you still feel the same way? would you still be upset that a middle class working man wants to feel a smidgen of what you feel every time you get in that car. Would you still feel angry that they poured more heart into that car then ever could be bought with some measily green. And all they want is happiness.
When you shortcut a goal, you normally end up short. And most, if not all, Lambo replicraps begin the same way. From someone ripping off the intellectual property of Lamborghini (eg direct mold cloning) and making a buck from the "middle class" dude. The "middle class" dude is, in some respect, not the one to blame. However, if the "middle class" dude actually did something creative other than send money to a clone artist, it might be more interesting.
How many times have someone came up with a aftermarket part that works in their real lamborghini.
The more interesting "aftermarket" parts involve good thinking on someones part to come up with a better part - eg the Custer clutch rod.
I find it hard to believe U.S. law would be less severe.
You guys invented 'copyright' and ' registered trademark', or am I mistaking?
No so. The UK is the origin of copyright - in 1709. The concepts of copyright go back to 1662 - also the UK. Trademark goes back to the 13th century - once again the UK and strangley involved bread. But I think one of the goals of copyright partially sums up the problem:

Copyright - "to protect the moral rights of the creators of these works".

When I see a Lambo replicrap I always think the same thing - the moral rights of Lamborghini took another hit.

-mick

·
Registered
3 Posts
you know there is a sad part to this whole topic. I myself own a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa which is the real deal. I also started to build a replica of a 1991 Lamborghini Countach. See sadly I don't have the money now to buy the real deal, but the Lamborghini dealership is working with me on parts, and the design of the car. See if people want to make a kit car then they do in fact have that right to do so, and no one can stop it. I can put Lamborghini parts on my Ferrari if I wanted to, and no one can stop it. If you don't like kit cars well guess what get over it and grow the **** up. Not everyone can afford the price of the real deal, but many people that love the style of the car can afford the price of the replica. Think a little better before you post stupid **** like this. I guarantee I will make that kit car and then show up and everyone's door step that is against the kit cars and if you can't tell it is a kit car then you have problems. I can make a 8 cyl. sound exactly the same as the 12 cyl out of a Lamborghini. Pretty sad isn't it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I've been rebuilding classic cars all my life, and I figured this would be a great new adventure to take up on, because if you look at it doing these kit cars is not as easy as it is to rebuild a classic. Trust me I'm not really big on people building a kit car and saying it's the real thing. I will tell people that it is a kit car, but I will also let them know how much time and effort I put into building mine. I had to put some time into rebuilding my Ferrari which was not very fun to do. I do want to thank you for wishing me good luck with building the kit car, and I am happy as hell that some of the guys from the local Lamborghini dealership are willing to help me with this project.

See not everyone that is trying to build these kit cars are out to do a bad thing. I know what a real deal car is expecially with Lamborghini's, because I've loved them all my life, and I love the body style. See I don't have enough money to go out and just buy one, because they are so expensive, but I will take the time to do the kit car, because I can save that money up as I go, plus I'm getting help from the dealership. The dealership is also going to use the car as a business car to better show off their business. With the graphics I'm putting on the side of the car it will indeed say that it is a kit car.

What I'm doing with the frame is building it from the ground up. It will not have a Fiero chassis under it. I'm going to use the transmission and motor out of my 1995 Dodge Viper since it was wrecked that way it will have some power behind it. ALL the parts used will be real Lamborghini parts that are of course used parts, and there will be a few replica parts that I will have to put on the car.

I just ask that everyone on here that is against the kit cars actually look at why some people do the kit cars like myself which I'm doing it as a new adventure since I'm tired of rebuilding classic Camero's and Trans Ams, and Chevells. I'm not out to give Lamborghini a bad rep with building my kit car, considering I've sold cars at that dealership a few times when my friend's dad was a manager there. I am against people doing the kit car to pretend it is the real deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great

I do agree with you, it's all attitude and how you go about it. I am working on a project, a real diablo that had an engine fire. There is no motor and trans, do you think for a minute I will purchase an original motor and trans for this car. My plane is to drop a LS3 w/a porsche g-50 transaxle. WA LA no more lambo expenses such as valve adjusement, clutch, computer problems, check engine lights etc. So there is other ways getting around lamborghini and their expence. Thats one of the purposes for this sight. I don't have alot of money either but would like to obtain the dream as well. I did, and now know the truth about the diablo anyway. I think as long as one is willing to not just work hard to obtain that dream but to keep it, thats when you can enjoy it most. I encourage you to obtain your dream car at a fraction of the cost, as long as it makes YOU happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See in a way the kit car I'm going to build will be mostly the real deal since I'm using real Lamborghini parts for it. 95lambo your right though the real deal engine and trans will cost about the same as a brand new cadillac if not more. It's just upsetting when people don't want something to happen because they have the money to spend when 95% of the people in the world can't spend 120,000 dollars on a older model of a specific car. Plus with the way the economy is going right now it's better just to bite the bullet and do the kit car. It suck for me, because I won't own a FULL REAL Lamborghini, but my kit car will be close enough. Plus if I wanted to so I can have the horse power and everything else I could take the 502 out of my dually and put it in the kit car since it has 986hp on it with all the tweaks I did, but I just want that body style of the Lamborghini. I look at it that it will take me about 5 years to complete this project with the cost of it, but it will be worth all of it. Plus my son can help me do this project when he gets a bit older, and it will teach him how to do work on a vehicle with engine, transmission, suspension, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car is a relica and I tell every single person that see's the car that it is a replica. I'm not ashamed of the car. Could I afford to by the real deal hell yah. Would I hell no. I live in Northern Alberta. Where am I going to get this serviced? Could I service it my self yah, but would you buy a car I had serviced my self for the same price as one with service records? I don't think so. I have a 400hp Grand national motor and Audi trans axle that's good for 600hp. Do I love driving the car? Yes! Would I buy a real one if I lived some where I could get it serviced? Sure! I'll add a pic. I have changed the wheels to roadster wheels since this. Feel free to email me [email protected]

41 - 60 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.