Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting these codes randomly, it's a 2006 roadster with fabspeed exhaust and oxygen sensor spacers.
It goes like this, car started cold and driven no matter how long, no codes at all.
Park the car, restart it hot, codes flash 10min into driving, if cleared while the car still hot they will come back as pending every time car is restarted.
Next day car is cold and everything is perfect again.
New coils, new plugs, new o2 sensors. Engine runs perfect and smooth with plenty of power, no indication of any issue besides the codes!

I found a thread describing exact situation I am experiencing but no resolution: DTC codes

Any help?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Were these issues present with old coils\plugs? What kind of Plugs(part# model? gap setting) What type of Coils (Part# ?) Reseat Coils possibly and make sure your harness connectors are seated.

Based on OBD codes its related to this...

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P1305 Bank 1 Random Misfire Detected (Bank 1) (passenger side)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were these issues present with old coils\plugs? What kind of Plugs(part# model? gap setting) What type of Coils (Part# ?) Reseat Coils possibly and make sure your harness connectors are seated.

Based on OBD codes its related to this...

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P1305 Bank 1 Random Misfire Detected (Bank 1) (passenger side)
Thank you,
I will check on the harness connectors and re seat the coils...
Coils were Murcielago specific Lamborghini and plugs were NGK I believe... Not sure of the gap.
I do not know if this issue was present before the coil/ plug change (previous owner had the work done).
Does it make any sense that the code only are thrown after the car sits for a while after being driven and then restarted?
Code never shows up I don't care how long the car is driven if started cold and not stopped.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you,
I will check on the harness connectors and re seat the coils...
Coils were Murcielago specific Lamborghini and plugs were NGK I believe... Not sure of the gap.
I do not know if this issue was present before the coil/ plug change (previous owner had the work done).
Does it make any sense that the code only are thrown after the car sits for a while after being driven and then restarted?
Code never shows up I don't care how long the car is driven if started cold and not stopped.
OBD codes will show up after it sits - this is normal. After OBD is cleared, you should drive it for 15 to 20 miles and let the car sit overnight. Check OBD codes next day.

I have seen the P0300 code before which can occur under these conditions - if you start the car, let it idle while warming up and shut it off. Then 20-30 Seconds start it up again.

The P0300 code can occur from Bank 1 or Bank 2 or BOTH. So that is an indicator that one bank or both banks have an issue. In your case its Bank 1(P1305). If it was Bank 2 the code would be (P1306). The P1305 can occur if the coil is not seated or harness not seated or plug is worn or plug tip is wet(oil). If you have No Record of the plugs being replaced, best bet is replace them before you cause engine damage. Same goes for the Coils, if you have no record - replace them.

Most P0300 issues usually go away after doing plugs and coils, cheap investment compared to a blown engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OBD codes will show up after it sits - this is normal. After OBD is cleared, you should drive it for 15 to 20 miles and let the car sit overnight. Check OBD codes next day.

I have seen the P0300 code before which can occur under these conditions - if you start the car, let it idle while warming up and shut it off. Then 20-30 Seconds start it up again.

The P0300 code can occur from Bank 1 or Bank 2 or BOTH. So that is an indicator that one bank or both banks have an issue. In your case its Bank 1(P1305). If it was Bank 2 the code would be (P1306). The P1305 can occur if the coil is not seated or harness not seated or plug is worn or plug tip is wet(oil). If you have No Record of the plugs being replaced, best bet is replace them before you cause engine damage. Same goes for the Coils, if you have no record - replace them.

Most P0300 issues usually go away after doing plugs and coils, cheap investment compared to a blown engine.
Got you, I will double check the connections to start with on pass bank.
Is it fairly easy to replace spark plugs with engine in the car?
What spark plugs and spark plug gaps do you recommend if I was to replace them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have something similar with mine, except it doesn't store it as a CEL. I think I can get the codes with my reader though. Mine will flash the CEL on both banks after idling for a while when fully warmed up, as soon as I give it some throttle they stop flashing. I've already done coils and plugs [didn't make a difference], and recently checked valves and they were within spec as well. I'm currently running DENSO 5309 IXU24 Spark Plugs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have something similar with mine, except it doesn't store it as a CEL. I think I can get the codes with my reader though. Mine will flash the CEL on both banks after idling for a while when fully warmed up, as soon as I give it some throttle they stop flashing. I've already done coils and plugs [didn't make a difference], and recently checked valves and they were within spec as well. I'm currently running DENSO 5309 IXU24 Spark Plugs.
Never tried Denso before, on LP640 Lambo uses spark plug part# 410905619 which is a NGK Iridium. Those spark plugs come pre-gapped and ready to go.

·
Registered
'06 Murcie Roadster
11 Posts
I had this exact same problem and solved it by replacing the MAP sensors. Images and part number of the sensors is in this thread.

I recommend counting the number of turns of the nuts that hold the sensor as you remove them, as they are rubber mounted and it is a good idea to replace them with the same preload as they had when they came from the factory.... The problem made it impossible to smog my car in CA for a number of years, but it passed once these sensors were replaced. It has also been recommended by a very experienced mechanic that using Liqui Moly LM2030 fuel system cleaner is a good idea when experiencing these hot restart issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts