Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope to get some help and some info to help me pass smog. Bought car from out of state and need to pass smog in California. All the monitors are ready to get smog but there is on permanent code P060A that won’t go away. I sent to dealer and they got two software update they tried and it clear but once driven it would come back. The car start and drives fine. After two software update they reset the ecu and told me to 15x heat cycle and it should clear. This so annoying and taking the fun out of ownership. If anyone gone through this and have experience with it. Please share! Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
As you've found, that's not a clear answer kind of code. Could be a wide array of things. Here's what I would recommend to start:
1- Have you had the battery checked, sometimes older batteries cause chaos. Simple and easy to validate
2- Are there any other codes? If you can drive the car for a few miles it may help another code pop up, which could be useful in understanding what parameter the ECU is seeing that it doesn't like

If its actually the ECU, it would be a bad memory chip or wiring failure, but I'd be skeptical of that being the cause. One thing to note, nearly all of the electronics are Audi, so searching around for similar issues within the Audi or Volkswagon family would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally Pass smog ! but with the help of the dealer flashing the ecu. And with 16-17 drive cycle and over 200miles the code is gone and I was able to pass smog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.