Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I keep hearing soon as well. Hopefully, something no later then the end of first quarter next year.
Once implemented, any existing Performante owner will be able to get the CPO and warranty even if bought from a non-Lambo dealer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Question, if you saw this service on a used Performante would you be skeptical about what caused it? I talked to the service center that performed the work and they said there was no damage to the axle that looked to be the result of an accident. They said that maybe sometimes this could’ve been manufacturing related or just an aberration.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Question, if you saw this service on a used Performante would you be skeptical about what caused it? I talked to the service center that performed the work and they said there was no damage to the axle that looked to be the result of an accident. They said that maybe sometimes this could’ve been manufacturing related or just an aberration.

Thoughts?
I would want an explicit explanation. Any legit seller should be able to provide this. To me it's all about disclosure, disclosure, and disclosure.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Once implemented, any existing Performante owner will be able to get the CPO and warranty even if bought from a non-Lambo dealer?
it won’t be a CPO. It will just be an extended warranty program that you could get from any lambo dealer as long as car passes the inspection that they will require I’m sure. Very similar to Mclaren extended warranty program is what I’m hearing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I ended up walking away from that Performante due to the left axle being replaced and not receiving a clear explanation behind the damage. I’m ended up buying a ‘19 GT3RS thinking I would be good, lol. I’m now back in the market looking for a Performante 🤣.

Anyone bought a third-party extended warranty for a Huracan? I just can’t bring myself to buy one without some form of warranty.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ended up walking away from that Performante due to the left axle being replaced and not receiving a clear explanation behind the damage. I’m ended up buying a ‘19 GT3RS thinking I would be good, lol. I’m now back in the market looking for a Performante 🤣.

Anyone bought a third-party extended warranty for a Huracan? I just can’t bring myself to buy one without some form of warranty.
Call Rancho Mirage Lamborghini in Cali and ask for Jesus in service. He will give you some good info about status of extended warranty programs. Please do update this thread with what you find out.

I was thinking of adding a GT3 RS to the stable - any feedback on it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Call Rancho Mirage Lamborghini in Cali and ask for Jesus in service. He will give you some good info about status of extended warranty programs. Please do update this thread with what you find out.

I was thinking of adding a GT3 RS to the stable - any feedback on it?
I called Jesus and he said the status is the same; still waiting for Lamborghini to announce warranty plan for Perfs. He also recommended not to buy a Perf from a non-Lambo dealer, lol. I told him there is not much choice in the market to begin with and most Lambo dealers don’t have a Perf in stock.

In regards to the GT3RS, it’s a fantastic car and is everything you read and hear about. The steering is precise and tons of feedback and feel. The balance of the car under load/fast acceleration gives you confidence. You do need to respect the fact that it’s RWD with the engine mounted behind the rear axle, but all it takes is a bit of throttle and counter steer to put the rear back in check. The grip level is insane once the tires are warmed up. The car truly feels like a track ready supercar that can be driven on the road. My car is a Weissach with the Sport seats, not the buckets, which is very rare to find. It’s also CPO.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Gear shift Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
27 Posts
MistaVauros
I do own a 2019 GT3 RS and 2018 Huracán Performante, both are GREAT cars but they behave in a different manner. I do mostly use my GT3 RS for the track and the HP to drive around.
enjoy your new ride!!!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok. So, I’m thinking of foregoing the certification and just getting a very thorough PPI done on the car and call it a day. Too much hassle to get my local dealer to buy the car and sell it to me, as they won’t agree to that until they first inspect and certify the car (selling dealer is not going to ship the car without it being sold, lol)I should be good as long as a reputable shop does a thorough PPI on it and all maintenance is current, right? Or, should I look at getting an aftermarket warranty on it for 1-2 years? If the latter, which company is best?

Anyone here bought a Performante with no remaining warranty?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts