Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that you cannot extend the ‘factory’ warranty on a used Performante unless the car is bought from a Lambo dealer (not third party dealer) and the warranty extension is also purchased as part of the deal?

I called a dealer and he said if you buy a used Huracan outside of a Lambo dealer you cannot buy an extended ‘factory’ warranty for it.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
To expand on my situation. I found a Performante and didn't want to buy it unless it had the one year extended. They wanted an extra 10k on the price. Reason being they said Lambo would make them do the three year service which would cost around 3,500 and replace the tires which were original for another 2,500 before Lambo would grant the warranty and finally the cost of the warranty was 3,500 or so. I was strongly still considering this and had basically committed to it.

That is until the SA sent me a video after negotiations which showed the lower part of the clear engine cover was warped from some sort of damage. They said I could buy the car and most likely get that warrantied after the fact. I thought that was super shady and immediately lost interest in the car. Switched it up and went with an EVO awd instead.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yep, but the easiest thing to do is ask your seller to do the sale through a lambo dealer. the dealer will certify the car and you can buy the warranty at time of purchase. most dealers will just ask the seller for $1000 bucks for the paperwork

·
Registered
222 Posts
I purchased mine through lambo used and they did a CPO for me and got me another year of warranty. Anyone know if the extended warranty options are coming out beyond this? I heard they were working on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased mine through lambo used and they did a CPO for me and got me another year of warranty. Anyone know if the extended warranty options are coming out beyond this? I heard they were working on it.
What was the cost of the CPO process and the 1-year of warranty extension? We’re you able to extend more than 1-year or that was the max they would allow?

·
Registered
222 Posts
What was the cost of the CPO process and the 1-year of warranty extension? We’re you able to extend more than 1-year or that was the max they would allow?
1 year was the max I think. Cost me $4k to have it CPO’d which added another 1 year factory warranty and this was around a year or so ago. Another dealer told me they were working on an extended warranty program but this was pre Covid. I’m covered until may 2023 so plan on checking back in later next year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 year was the max I think. Cost me $4k to have it CPO’d which added another 1 year factory warranty and this was around a year or so ago. Another dealer told me they were working on an extended warranty program but this was pre Covid. I’m covered until may 2023 so plan on checking back in later next year.
So, the cost of the CPO and 1-year warranty was $4k all-inclusive?

·
Registered
222 Posts
So, the cost of the CPO and 1-year warranty was $4k all-inclusive?
The CPO cost was $4k and that automatically extends your factory warranty by 1 additional year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The CPO cost was $4k and that automatically extends your factory warranty by 1 additional year.
I just got off the phone with my dealer to confirm the fees for the CPO/warranty extension and he said the cost of the warranty is $4k. However, the shop is going to charge $2275 for the inspection and $995 for the sale fee (their fee for buying the car and selling it to me). This would put the total over $7k for everything. Does this sound accurate?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer to confirm the fees for the CPO/warranty extension and he said the cost of the warranty is $4k. However, the shop is going to charge $2275 for the inspection and $995 for the sale fee (their fee for buying the car and selling it to me). This would put the total over $7k for everything. Does this sound accurate?
I did not pay any of the other fees you mentioned nor was that even brought up to me - just the $4k to CPO it which obviously includes a thorough inspection. I purchased through Ogara SD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did not pay any of the other fees you mentioned nor was that even brought up to me - just the $4k to CPO it which obviously includes a thorough inspection. I purchased through Ogara SD
I figured the dealer is trying to add in cost so they can pocket it. I hate ****ty dealers (Lambo of Sterling). I’ll go through another dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I figured the dealer is trying to add in cost so they can pocket it. I hate ****ty dealers (Lambo of Sterling). I’ll go through another dealer. Thanks!
My dealer made it very clear that I am only getting this price because they are the ones selling the car and I am purchasing it through them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone here bought a used Performante without getting the CPO warranty? if so, have you had any issues occur that cost a significant amount?
I have put 4K miles on mine and it’s been bullet proof. You will see that majority of owners will say the same(do a quick search). These cars are SOLID!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have put 4K miles on mine and it’s been bullet proof. You will see that majority of owners will say the same(do a quick search). These cars are SOLID!
Yea, that’s what I’ve been reading. I just don’t want to pay my local dealer almost $8k for the CPO when I know they are marking it up on purpose. We all know that the warranty is for ‘just in case’ situations anyway and most people will never have to claim against it with these cars. This would be my first time ever owning a supercar without an active warranty, lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea, that’s what I’ve been reading. I just don’t want to pay my local dealer almost $8k for the CPO when I know they are marking it up on purpose. We all know that the warranty is for ‘just in case’ situations anyway and most people will never have to claim against it with these cars. This would be my first time ever owning a supercar without an active warranty, lol.
I feel ya. I have always been a warranty guy and after owning my Mclaren I was paranoid lol. The Huracan's are a solid platform but it all comes down to your comfort level of risk. When was the in-service date on the Perf you are looking at? If it has the factory warranty still left then you will probably be just fine. I think $8k is steep for just 1 extra year of warranty. Did the dealerships you have called mention anything about an extended warranty program coming soon for the Huracan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel ya. I have always been a warranty guy and after owning my Mclaren I was paranoid lol. The Huracan's are a solid platform but it all comes down to your comfort level of risk. When was the in-service date on the Perf you are looking at? If it has the factory warranty still left then you will probably be just fine. I think $8k is steep for just 1 extra year of warranty. Did the dealerships you have called mention anything about an extended warranty program coming soon for the Huracan?
So far, the dealers have said that they are still waiting to hear from Corporate on the program. I find it very strange that Lamborghini as a company would be ok with a car like the Performante being on the market and unable to be covered.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts