Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performante vs Aventador 700-4 - Which is the better buy right now?

Hey all,
Long time Porsche enthusiast here that is finally switching over. I am obsessively on the hunt for the right Performante or 2013+ Aventador 700. Both cars prices are within 10% of each other. Any advice on which the better bet will be for cost of ownership x enjoyment? Looking at Perfs with about 6-10k miles around $340k, and 700-4s with about the same mileage at $360k. I cant justify an EVO RWD at $50k-$80k over sticker right now, otherwise that would be my first choice. Looks to me like an EVO is a $100k loss in 10k miles and 3 years.

I recently sold my 18 GT3 as it was a bit too docile for me, wanted something a bit more lively. I still have some hotrodded air cooled 911s for cruising, GT4CS is kept at the track, and a 2021 E63s wagon to daily, so the Lambo will be purely a weekend canyon car and a around town toy. I want something thrilling, raw, and loud. I don't particularly love the idea of dealing with reliability but as I am in Orange County CA I have access to plenty of service locations.

Thank you all for your guidance.

Seth

·
Registered
486 Posts
With no doubt Huracan Performante is the better choice,the gear box is just phenomenal,the sound,ALA system, everything is on another level.Much faster than Aventador-on street roads,track,no matter...Lp700 is very beautiful machine,but old in technical attitude,at the same time replacement model is almost here,only few months

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I’ve owned both, And based on the cars you currently have, best option is the Aventador. The Perf is nice, but gets boring. Aventador is a production, and you’ll never get sick of it. Wish I never sold mine.
With your experience with the brand that is high praise for the Aventador.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I have very high hopes for the replacement!!! If it’s crazy as I hope for it to be, it will be a big wow.
Sounds exciting indeed!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I just bought a Huracan, was planning on the Aventador, but I am set on doing turbos. All research showed the Huracan was a better platform for that.
Do you have a AWD or a RWD Huracan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I still have some hotrodded air cooled 911s for cruising, GT4CS is kept at the track, and a 2021 E63s wagon to daily, so the Lambo will be purely a weekend canyon car and a around town toy.
The Performante surely is the more reasonable choice. But You should go for the Aventador - it is loud - it is original - it is not a modern car - and it is a NA V12.

regards, Tom

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I just bought a Huracan, was planning on the Aventador, but I am set on doing turbos. All research showed the Huracan was a better platform for that.
What stage turbo mod are you looking at? I saw that Underground Racing has an "X Version Twin Turbo" with 2200 to 3000+ whp with Race gas. That will put the wind in anyone's hair.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Having driven both, it really depends what you want out of the car. For the best pure drivers car, Perf wins hands down. For the most “exotic feeling” complete experience with more attention, Aventador. The A is the slower/less composed of the two but was more exciting to drive to me…..so i went A. I have been in an extremely well done UGR Perf as well as two other TT Huracans and while the speed is fun, its not the all encompassing experience i am after that I find with the V12 cars. They are VERY different cars so one will speak to you more than the other. If you get the thrill from pure speed/modding, the Perf is the better option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having driven both, it really depends what you want out of the car. For the best pure drivers car, Perf wins hands down. For the most “exotic feeling” complete experience with more attention, Aventador. The A is the slower/less composed of the two but was more exciting to drive to me…..so i went A. I have been in an extremely well done UGR Perf as well as two other TT Huracans and while the speed is fun, its not the all encompassing experience i am after that I find with the V12 cars. They are VERY different cars so one will speak to you more than the other. If you get the thrill from pure speed/modding, the Perf is the better option.
Goldlifter,
Thank you for this feedback. I find it very helpful. I do want to clarify that I love a good...uh... urban sprint... on my way to work or errands, but I don't expect either car will be as purely thrilling as just going to the track in the GT4CS or Radical. Because of that, I look for the most exciting car to enjoy on quick little trips about town or a canyon drive on the weekends. If the two cars are fairly similar in driving excitement (which really is the key here) it would be a hard choice. The deciding factor for me is which car will I lose less money on, or perhaps will appreciate? Nobody has a crystal ball but I have made money on my last 8 or so 911s, but I haven't figured out the Lambo game yet to know which will hold value better between a Perf at sticker or a 2014-15 Aventador 700 around $100k under sticker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ve owned both, And based on the cars you currently have, best option is the Aventador. The Perf is nice, but gets boring. Aventador is a production, and you’ll never get sick of it. Wish I never sold mine.
I appreciate this feedback. Hearing the perf gets boring but the aventador does not gives me a lot to lean on. I think that will ring true as these cars age, there will always be something faster but the car that is the most exciting to drive will hold value best, as long as the exciting car is reliable.

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
I appreciate this feedback. Hearing the perf gets boring but the aventador does not gives me a lot to lean on. I think that will ring true as these cars age, there will always be something faster but the car that is the most exciting to drive will hold value best, as long as the exciting car is reliable.
I put many miles on mine worry free. Do not worry about reliability.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Performante vs Aventador 700-4 - Which is the better buy right now?

Hey all,
Long time Porsche enthusiast here that is finally switching over. I am obsessively on the hunt for the right Performante or 2013+ Aventador 700. Both cars prices are within 10% of each other. Any advice on which the better bet will be for cost of ownership x enjoyment? Looking at Perfs with about 6-10k miles around $340k, and 700-4s with about the same mileage at $360k. I cant justify an EVO RWD at $50k-$80k over sticker right now, otherwise that would be my first choice. Looks to me like an EVO is a $100k loss in 10k miles and 3 years.

I recently sold my 18 GT3 as it was a bit too docile for me, wanted something a bit more lively. I still have some hotrodded air cooled 911s for cruising, GT4CS is kept at the track, and a 2021 E63s wagon to daily, so the Lambo will be purely a weekend canyon car and a around town toy. I want something thrilling, raw, and loud. I don't particularly love the idea of dealing with reliability but as I am in Orange County CA I have access to plenty of service locations.

Thank you all for your guidance.

Seth
I’ll try not to be biased, but if you’re looking for a peformance car and have any interest in doing semi serious tracking with your Lambo, you’ll definitely find the Performante is the right choice of the two. It’s actually not bcs of the ALA, but bcs the car is smaller, lighter, and has excellent handling and braking. The Aventador is gorgeous, but it’s a big car (maybe 500lbs heavier?) and the single clutch is way too aggressive on track at high speeds.

Also, the reliability of the H platform is pretty stellar.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts