Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So I have a 2018 Huracan Performante Spyder. Just picked her up actually about 3 weeks ago.

My low oil level/pressure sign came on two days ago. Filled her up, the sign went away, and the car was driving normally. However, I did fill slightly at the letter "D" in the "Do not Fill" section. But like I said, the sign disappeared and the car was driving normally.

I literally got home 30 minutes ago. Was driving aggressively in sport and corsa. I came home, stopped (0 km/h), changed to strada, as I was going to make a turn into my driveway to garage the car. Lift was up. As I accelerated to turn, I got two error codes flash:

4WD Malfunction

Stability Control Malfunction

I then got a bunch of lights turn on - ALA, steering, stability, and 4WD.

See attached photo of the lights.

Not sure what could be wrong. Someone please tell me when I wake up tomorrow and turn her on, everything will be gone and back to normal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Cables to battery terminals are tight right? Loose or poor connections have created countless error lights.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cables to battery terminals are tight right? Loose or poor connections have created countless error lights.
No clue.

But I was shipping boxes today and I tightly fit a 10 x 10 x 10 filled box in the trunk. I don't think it was on the side of the battery. Also, that was in the morning.

It's weird, I was driving aggressively in sport and corsa for like 20 minutes before I got home. Before that, I was on a 30 minute strada drive to run some errands. As soon as I got home, changed from corsa to strada to go up my driveway, the codes came on during my turn when I accelerated from 0. I was holding down the brake prior to that for like 3 minutes waiting for a few cars to shuffle on my driveway to make room for me to go in.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,640 Posts
You have to be careful when adding oil to the Huracan because it uses a dry sump and you have to make sure you don't overfill your oil. It might be the oil sensor which might be throwing errors if you overfilled. Check around the engine and the bottom of your car to see if there's no oil leaks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to be careful when adding oil to the Huracan because it uses a dry sump and you have to make sure you don't overfill your oil. It might be the oil sensor which might be throwing errors if you overfilled. Check around the engine and the bottom of your car to see if there's no oil leaks.
Just checked.

No leaks from what I can see.

There is a middle break line on the dip stick between "Fill" and "Do Not Fill". When I checked the dip stick after a drive, there was some very faint oil at the letter "D" right above the middle break line. Would that be enough of an overfill to cause issues?

I guess I should book an appointment to get a quick check. I have service due in 1500 kms or 50 days according to the car info.

I really hope when I turn her on tomorrow, everything is gone.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,640 Posts
As long as your car doesn't go in limp mode you're OK but definitely have it check out by the dealer. Sometimes a sensor like the oil sensor will trip and make the car throw up multiple error codes.

I remember when I got my SVJ my entire dash lit up like a xmas tree a day after delivery, it turned out the gas cap wasn't tight which tripped a sensor lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as your car doesn't go in limp mode you're OK. Sometimes a sensor like the oil sensor will trip and make the car throw up multiple error codes.

I remember when I got my SVJ my entire dash lit up like a xmas tree a day after delivery, it turned out the gas cap wasn't tight which tripped a sensor lol.
Lol, I hope this is the case for me!

I did put gas today... but the performante has the vacuum seal. So no tightening required.

I'll check again tomorrow morning, I'll let her cool down and rest for the evening. It probably is the oil sensor like you said. The car was driving perfectly after adding the oil, and even today. So it's probably a sensor issue and nothing to do with the ALA failing or the 4WD failing. Fingers Crossed

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as your car doesn't go in limp mode you're OK but definitely have it check out by the dealer. Sometimes a sensor like the oil sensor will trip and make the car throw up multiple error codes.

By the way, assuming the signs/errors are not gone by tomorrow morning at start up, is it safe to drive?

·
Registered
56 Posts
As others said, its probably not the oil level. If you did fill the oil too much your oil pressure would be high. Check that to be sure. Start the vehicle in idle and just see what your pressure is on the gauge at idle and as you rev the car. The pressure should never reach the redline. Also you likely would have blown a seal somewhere in the engine bay driving aggressively with too much oil - that would look like someone threw oil all over your engine bay. Short of seeing that or a huge oil puddle under the car now that it is parked Id go with something unrelated from the drive, but it could be a sensor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As others said, its probably not the oil level. If you did fill the oil too much your oil pressure would be high. Check that to be sure. Start the vehicle in idle and just see what your pressure is on the gauge at idle and as you rev the car. The pressure should never reach the redline. Also you likely would have blown a seal somewhere in the engine bay driving aggressively with too much oil - that would look like someone threw oil all over your engine bay. Short of seeing that or a huge oil puddle under the car now that it is parked Id go with something unrelated from the drive, but it could be a sensor.
Yeah, probably not the oil. No leaks, nothing in the garage under the car, or any weird driving feel.

The pressure when turned on and in idle is about 3/4 up before the first tick. When driving, it never reaches the red line. It goes past the half tick, but no where near the red line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, probably not the oil. No leaks, nothing in the garage under the car, or any weird driving feel.

The pressure when turned on and in idle is about 3/4 up before the first tick. When driving, it never reaches the red line. It goes past the half tick, but no where near the red line.
Well that's a good sign. I'm going off my Gallardo but that's about where you want it to be. Possibly could be battery as others have stated, maybe your cables are loose or your alternator is weak. Check what your voltage is on the voltage gauge - it should be above 13. If you are lower than that, maybe that's your culprit. Try plugging it in to the trickle charger overnight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't find the charger in the trunk?

Is it hidden somewhere? I was told the car comes with a charger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd imagine the last owner took it if you don't have it and have never seen it. Kind of like my tool kit and second key on the Gallardo - you get what they give you :).

I do recommend you pick up a trickle charger when you have a chance. Battery Tender or any other name brand will work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, weird things happening today.
So the ALA light is gone. The steering light was on but as I was driving it said “power steering initializing” and that light went away.

The only malfunction code still showing up is 4WD. The other weird is that the battery is constantly dropping. Happens when I’m driving. When I idle or come to a stop, it sometimes goes back up. I’ve taken a video while I was driving. See below link:

Lastly, my car went from 6k redline to 8.5k redline in literally 2 mins after driving from a cold start. It’s never changed that fast.

Lambo dealer can’t see me until next week…

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Guys, all signs are gone!!!!!

I went to my warehouse unit to pack some boxes, I sat in my car in idle for about 10 mins contemplating life. Turned her off. Went and packed my boxes.The car was off for another 10-15 mins. I start her up and no malfunctions come on!!! knock on wood.

Could it be that the car burned the extra oil? Battery is fluctuating still, but I think thats Normal while driving, no?

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
43 Posts
Guys, all signs are gone!!!!!

I went to my warehouse unit to pack some boxes, I sat in my car in idle for about 10 mins contemplating life. Turned her off. Went and packed my boxes.The car was off for another 10-15 mins. I start her up and no malfunctions come on!!! knock on wood.

Could it be that the car burned the extra gas? Battery is fluctuating still, but I think thats Normal while driving, no?

battery should not be fluctuating while driving unless you are turning on/turning off systems like AC...your battery voltage just spikes and **** while driving around?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
battery should not be fluctuating while driving unless you are turning on/turning off systems like AC...your battery voltage just spikes and **** while driving around?
In the morning when the signs were on, it was going down as I was driving. Very down.

All signs are gone now, and it hovers around 13. However, it does occasionally either drop to the tick before 13, or it goes up all the way to 15. However, it is more stable now. My A/C is on 4 fan & 18 degrees.

Look at the attached pic. This is what it drops to, and then the second pic is literally 1 minute after I got into my garage to park. Right back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
In the morning when the signs were on, it was going down as I was driving. Very down.

All signs are gone now, and it hovers around 13. However, it does occasionally either drop to the tick before 13, or it goes up all the way to 15. However, it is more stable now. My A/C is on 4 fan & 18 degrees.

Look at the attached pic. This is what it drops to, and then the second pic is literally 1 minute after I got into my garage to park. Right back up.
look like your battery is not holding charge.. these cars are mostly sitting around, previous owner probably didn't drive it.
i recommend replace battery before damage to other system.. low voltages cause bunch of system malf, that's why you see chrismast lights on dash..

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Good chance it's your battery, I try and put my car on the charger at least once a week to keep it fully charged. Even if your driving it every couple days if it's just for short trips you really are not charging battery. I would get battery tested and depending on results change it when car goes in. Then buy a maintenance charger. I have some good tips here for wiring up charger, read post #26 and #32 Battery tender

Reactions: Young CEO
1 - 20 of 49 Posts