Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I have a problem and wanted to check if someone else encountered something similar.

I Took my Performante to the track the other day. Over here in the EU, noise levels are monitored on race tracks. If the car is too loud, which the Performante is, you get flagged and cannot participate. I have a Capristo exhaust fitted on my Perf, it came with a module and some remote controls to control the exhaust flaps. I didn't fit it, not sure if it'll be able to stay closed even in Corsa mode. There's not a big difference between the Capristo and standard exhaust in terms of noise.

So the issue is: How do I lower the noise level on this car?
Not sure if it could be done by keeping the exhaust valves closed in Corsa mode. The standard exhaust is the same. It opens up in Strada too I believe.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have any suggestions for you, unfortunately. I do feel inclined to express my slight shock though; I'm surprised any race track would flag based on noise levels, since cars taken to such places should be expected to be very loud generally.

Outside of installing some aftermarket muffler, which would surely ruin the sound we all like, I can't think of anything.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You don't want to use Strada on the track....there is no performance and in auto mode it's a granny shift

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Of course it is too loud with the Capristo and open exhaust flaps. AFAIK the Capristo lacks of the resonators and there it is more aggressive and louder. This is why you get flagged.

Our cars do have vacuum-activated flaps that are controlled by a simple solenoid valve. People just disconnect the valve so the vacuum line is closed all the time what keeps the valves open. Go ahead and install the flap controller as it allows you to keep them open or even closed all time. Otherwise reinstall the stock exhaust and you should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course it is too loud with the Capristo and open exhaust flaps. AFAIK the Capristo lacks of the resonators and there it is more aggressive and louder. This is why you get flagged.

Our cars do have vacuum-activated flaps that are controlled by a simple solenoid valve. People just disconnect the valve so the vacuum line is closed all the time what keeps the valves open. Go ahead and install the flap controller as it allows you to keep them open or even closed all time. Otherwise reinstall the stock exhaust and you should be fine.
I had another track day the other day. We were two Performantes and it turns out that Capristo is quieter than the standard on the straight where the guy measures. I believe it's because once it opens up the valves there's more piping to pass through with the Capristo x-pipe, so Corsa is quieter with Capristo. I also mailed Capristo about the valves and they said that they have to open after a certain RPM because of back pressure buildup that can hurt the engine. Stock exhaust is no good because it's the same thing, it opens up to straight pipes once given some gas and pass above a certain RPM.

You don't want to use Strada on the track....there is no performance and in auto mode it's a granny shift
NO I agree. I was doing Strada with shifts around 7000rpm. It was quite sad but I could at least have some fun.

I don't have any suggestions for you, unfortunately. I do feel inclined to express my slight shock though; I'm surprised any race track would flag based on noise levels, since cars taken to such places should be expected to be very loud generally.

Outside of installing some aftermarket muffler, which would surely ruin the sound we all like, I can't think of anything.
Yeah I agree, it's crazy, it's a Swedish problem. Don't remember but the requirement is 95 or 96 decibel and it's measured on flybys. There's always a granny who lives close to a racetrack in Sweden lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts