Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The audio system in this car is about as bad as it gets...and the Lambo OEM upgrade was almost as bad, but just costs a pile more money for no valid reason.

Knowing that, I chose NOT to go with the upgraded system and go aftermarket. The factory unit just sounds so bad, and at speeds, where you need to crank it up to hear it above the HP exhaust...it's get so badly compressed, it sounds like AM.

Last week, I replaced all the 10-cent drivers with high quality Audison drivers, added 2 x 5 1/4" coax drivers in the rear cavities and an added an Audiotech Fischer UP 7BMW 7-channel amp. The amp came pre-configured with a direct plug-in to the OEM harness.

The amp is fully configurable with DSP, through a windows PC. I was able to individually configure/ eq each channel to my taste.

The end result was a dramatic change in the overall listening experience, and was under 1/2 the price of the OEM upgrade, with no cutting whatsoever. I am running a true 645 watts RMS of power, which gets me real (deep) bass, no more audio compression when I crank it...and an overall pleasing sound at all listening volumes.

There are no visible signs of the install whatsoever...as everything was a direct bolt-in to the original speaker mounts/ grills, and the amp was bolted in under the dash, out of sight. It's a diminutive amp, using very high tech to get absolutely superb output. It measures under 2" x 5" x 6", but is a power monster.

I am very pleased to say the least!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,933 Posts
That great to hear. I got the Sensonum upgrade and it still doesn't deliver the sound quality I want or need. Especially in a spyder with the top down!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naahhhhh...it's not worth a fraction of what they charge, sadly, IMO.

It's just a huge profit center for them, with no value to the client.

I had the same issue with my 911 TTS, and chose not to buy the Burmeister upgrade.

The base level Bose was so good, that it made no sense to. It has 10" subs in the doors by Bose, which pound hard.

What we built in the HP was a superb setup that would satisfy anyone. The only way to get better would be to cut and mod, which I will not do in this car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My HP has the best stereo in the world. Its called a V10 :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's very true!

·
Registered
896 Posts
24 days of driving and I have yet to turn on the radio. And music is not only my passion but I own a high end audio company and design all our components.

The sound of that engine is music to my ears and I have no desire to interfere with that symphonic, melifluous experience.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I truly get that...

·
Registered
115 Posts
The audio system in this car is about as bad as it gets...and the Lambo OEM upgrade was almost as bad, but just costs a pile more money for no valid reason.

I am very pleased to say the least!
I agree with the sound system. I used to always have custom car audio systems in my cars. when I finally decide which Lambo will be next for me, I plan on having the great Matt Schaeffer at Sound FX do his thing.

I plan on keeping the car for a long time like I have this one...so I am not worried about the cost or getting it back in the long run. I drive my cars a lot and I love a great sound system. I love the sound of the engine as much as anyone but when you have passengers they dont always want to just listen to the engine!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,933 Posts
The sound of the V10 is just awesome and sometimes that’s all I want to hear, but when cruising town I love my music and I want it to be as spectacular as the car.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree...and my Ford GT V8 sound (no cans) is even more spectacular to me...but there are times when I want my tunes, like when I'm driving with my wife and just want to chat and listen to some music.

My 911 sounds like absolute turd, so tunes are always happening in there...no good engine sounds to entertain me... :mad:

Highly reminiscent of my Viper SRT10, which never sounded right, except under WOT in a tunnel.

I'm an old American V8 guy...and to me, nothing sounds like that - not even the new American V8's. Ever since GM changed the firing order back in 97, life has never been the same. :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Your new system sounds great!

I rarely turn on my stereo system, but when I do, I am so disappointed in the stock Lamborghini system.

Would you mind telling us the details of your system? Model number of speakers, harness adapter, and amplifier? I would be most appreciative, thanks!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure...

The amp, is an Audiotec Fischer UP7 BMW, 7-channel, fully configurable DSP amplifier, with a custom built direct plug-harness, so no wire cutting.

2 x front door drivers - Audison Prima AP 8 8" Woofer

2 x dash drivers - Audison Prima AP1 1" Tweeter

2 x rear drivers - Audison Prima APX5 5" Coax

I'm running 160 watts RMS to each door, and 65 watts RMS to each of the rest of the 4 channels.

All crossovers are built into the amp using the DSP; no passive crossovers whatsoever, no EQ.

The amp handles all of that!

We actually tuned the amp using a Windows laptop and the DSP configuration software to setup crossover points, rolloff, imaging, EQ, balance and front to rear ratios. There is no front / rear fader, as you only get that option in the upgraded OEM system, but we balanced it through the DSP configuration software, so it's not needed in any case.

It does sound a whole lot better than the OEM or the upgraded OEM system. My only regret is that the fronts depend on the rear to an extent, in order to produce some of the mid range.

It would have been nice to have 3 separate drivers up front, to include some bigger mid range drivers, but I would be giving up deeper bass, or cutting, which isn't an option in this car.

We left the USB cable connected to the amp and sitting behind the driver's seat. That way, I can plug into my laptop to adjust anything I would like to at any time.

The guys who did this are good friends of mine for almost 40 years, and are probably one of the top installers in the country. They work pretty much on only high-end vehicles.

PM me for more details and I can hook you up with them for more information - should you wish! They are here in Montreal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sure...

The amp, is an Audiotec Fischer UP7 BMW, 7-channel, fully configurable DSP amplifier, with a custom built direct plug-harness, so no wire cutting.

I'm running 160 watts RMS to each door, and 65 watts RMS to each of the rest of the 4 channels.

All crossovers are built into the amp using the DSP; no passive crossovers whatsoever, no EQ.

We actually tuned the amp using a Windows laptop and the DSP configuration software to setup crossover points, rolloff, imaging, EQ, balance and front to rear ratios. There is no front / rear fader, as you only get that option in the upgraded OEM system, but we balanced it through the DSP configuration software, so it's not needed in any case.

It does sound a whole lot better than the OEM or the upgraded OEM system. My only regret is that the fronts depend on the rear to an extent, in order to produce some of the mid range.

It would have been nice to have 3 separate drivers up front, to include some bigger mid range drivers, but I would be giving up deeper bass, or cutting, which isn't an option in this car.

We left the USB cable connected to the amp and sitting behind the driver's seat. That way, I can plug into my laptop to adjust anything I would like to at any time.

The guys who did this are good friends of mine for almost 40 years, and are probably one of the top installers in the country. They work pretty much on only high-end vehicles.

PM me for more details and I can hook you up with them for more information - should you wish! They are here in Montreal.
Holy ****! That was above and beyond, thank you!!!

I'll PM you for details. I had no idea you were in Canada. I am a little further west (SK), but I would love to hear more details.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sure...

So if you already have the Sensorum system what upgrades would you do?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never purchased the Sensorum upgrade but I have to believe that you could do the exact same upgrade. The drivers would get changed in any case and they have the biggest single influence of anything in the system.

I'm sure that they are the exact same size as the base unit drivers.

The Sensorum has more power, better quality drivers and a front / rear fader control in the cluster that the base unit doesn't have, not that you need it with the Audiotech Fischer amp, but it's there.

If I could have, I would have substituted 10" drivers (subs) in the door panels, with a mid-range driver as well, as I may have stated previously, but since that would mean a lot of cutting of the panels, it's not an option. So, this would still be the best upgrade, for my ears. Since it is so infinitely flexible, you can tailor it to your preference

The thing about the amp, is that you can tune it as you wish...it has the equivalent of 7 infinitely variable EQ's in it, mirco-variable audio delays for all 7 channels (for imaging), electronic speaker crossovers with infinitely variable crossover points/ rolloffs etc...

You can tune it to enhance anything you want to, to get more or less of anything. You could spend days screwing with the tuning to make it sound as you want it to. It's like having 10 specialized pieces of equipment. It even has bass enhancing software and a bass octaver to extend your low end down an octave, to give you very deep bass (as much as you can get from the 8" drivers in these doors).

So - that's what I'd do if I had the Sensorum system.

The two big weaknesses in the Lambo systems are:

1) The Audi (made in the dregs of China crap) drivers - which are worth about $3.00 each, and actually sound more like 2$ drivers, if that. They even have genuine Audi stickers on them.

2) The awful audio compression they use in the head unit to minimize distortion at barely audible levels. It drives me bananas.

With those 2 things going on, it's a futile attempt to get tunes while driving in sport mode at speeds...

It's as bad as the 7K they charge for Apple Car Play/ NAV...which compared to my Android phone NAV (Google Maps), which is 100% free, is a joke.

Funny, my 911 with the 10" Bose drivers in the doors, sounds unreal while streaming via Bluetooth from my phone. It has gut-pounding bass and excellent mid-range / high-frequency response.

Go figger....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I never purchased the Sensorum upgrade but I have to believe that you could do the exact same upgrade. The drivers would get changed in any case and they have the biggest single influence of anything in the system.

I'm sure that they are the exact same size as the base unit drivers.

The Sensorum has more power, better quality drivers and a front / rear fader control in the cluster that the base unit doesn't have, not that you need it with the Audiotech Fischer amp, but it's there.

If I could have, I would have substituted 10" drivers (subs) in the door panels, with a mid-range driver as well, as I may have stated previously, but since that would mean a lot of cutting of the panels, it's not an option. So, this would still be the best upgrade, for my ears. Since it is so infinitely flexible, you can tailor it to your preference

The thing about the amp, is that you can tune it as you wish...it has the equivalent of 7 infinitely variable EQ's in it, mirco-variable audio delays for all 7 channels (for imaging), electronic speaker crossovers with infinitely variable crossover points/ rolloffs etc...

You can tune it to enhance anything you want to, to get more or less of anything. You could spend days screwing with the tuning to make it sound as you want it to. It's like having 10 specialized pieces of equipment. It even has bass enhancing software and a bass octaver to extend your low end down an octave, to give you very deep bass (as much as you can get from the 8" drivers in these doors).

So - that's what I'd do if I had the Sensorum system.

The two big weaknesses in the Lambo systems are:

1) The Audi (made in the dregs of China crap) drivers - which are worth about $3.00 each, and actually sound more like 2$ drivers, if that. They even have genuine Audi stickers on them.

2) The awful audio compression they use in the head unit to minimize distortion at barely audible levels. It drives me bananas.

With those 2 things going on, it's a futile attempt to get tunes while driving in sport mode at speeds...

It's as bad as the 7K they charge for Apple Car Play/ NAV...which compared to my Android phone NAV (Google Maps), which is 100% free, is a joke.

Funny, my 911 with the 10" Bose drivers in the doors, sounds unreal while streaming via Bluetooth from my phone. It has gut-pounding bass and excellent mid-range / high-frequency response.

Go figger....
So what would you do about the added subwoofer in the Sensorum system? Bypass it or replace it with something else? Does the amp you mentioned support adding a sub? I'm about to order my first Lambo and trying to make sure I'm not pissing money to the wind on the audio system. And I feel ya on the Android Google maps. Far superior to the overpriced crap the factory's install in the head units.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was unaware of the added sub...where do they install that exactly? And yes, it's a 7 channel amp...with 160 watts RMS for subs, if you wish to go there. And that's plenty of power for the subs.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That's a Spyder? By the way, since you're in my neck of the woods, you can meet up with me, if you wish, to listen to the system I installed...

But I'm a Performante coupe, so It'd be quite different from the Spyder sound system.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts