Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just a quick little update with some photos and vids down in Mexico, LOVE THE PERF!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Would like to hear your thoughts on the Perf vs your old SL. Disclaimer, I have already drawn my own conclusions.
Love the visceral feel and how raw the old SL was. I 100% miss that car. If I was filthy rich I would have both no doubt. The raging bull exhaust I had on that car took the sound to another level and will never be topped in my opinion. But that being said and because I鈥檓 not filthy rich I鈥檓 glad I stepped up to the perf. It does everything SO WELL. The e-gear was cool for the kicks it gave at full speed but the smoothness of the DCT is something I missed from previous cars I owned. And in corsa you still get that sense that the car is lunging forward each time you grab the next gear. And as much as I hate to say it, it was becoming frustrating to me that the SL鈥橲 front end was looking dated. 99% of the population just saw a lambo and couldn鈥檛 tell an 04 apart from an SL. And not that that鈥檚 a bad thing but I for sure put the SL on a pedestal vs standard gallardo鈥檚. All and all couldn鈥檛 be happier with the perf, the forged carbon and 鈥淎LA鈥 readout on the dash and center console give it that special feel on the inside and it still makes all the right noises and sounds that let you know you are sitting in something truly special. It seems to be the perfect combo of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Registered
Love the visceral feel and how raw the old SL was. I 100% miss that car. If I was filthy rich I would have both no doubt. The raging bull exhaust I had on that car took the sound to another level and will never be topped in my opinion. But that being said and because I鈥檓 not filthy rich I鈥檓 glad I stepped up to the perf. It does everything SO WELL. The e-gear was cool for the kicks it gave at full speed but the smoothness of the DCT is something I missed from previous cars I owned. And in corsa you still get that sense that the car is lunging forward each time you grab the next gear. And as much as I hate to say it, it was becoming frustrating to me that the SL鈥橲 front end was looking dated. 99% of the population just saw a lambo and couldn鈥檛 tell an 04 apart from an SL. And not that that鈥檚 a bad thing but I for sure put the SL on a pedestal vs standard gallardo鈥檚. All and all couldn鈥檛 be happier with the perf, the forged carbon and 鈥淎LA鈥 readout on the dash and center console give it that special feel on the inside and it still makes all the right noises and sounds that let you know you are sitting in something truly special. It seems to be the perfect combo of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde
This sounds about like my experience driving my SL and getting some seat time in a friends Perf. The one thing I would add is that most of the time I feel like my SL is trying to kill me and the Perf was just egging me on to go faster and push the limit more. At some point I will have another Lambo and the Perf is high on the list unless I opt for the V12. On a side note I鈥檓 pretty sure you bought your SL right before I got to it. The search had to continue鈥

Premium Member
I was close on a Perf as well. Until the SA sent me a video after negotiations which showed the lower part of the clear engine cover was warped from some sort of damage. They said I could buy the car and most likely get that warrantied after the fact. I thought that was super shady and immediately lost interest in the car. Switched it up and went with an EVO awd instead.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
W
I was close on a Perf as well. Until the SA sent me a video after negotiations which showed the lower part of the clear engine cover was warped from some sort of damage. They said I could buy the car and most likely get that warrantied after the fact. I thought that was super shady and immediately lost interest in the car. Switched it up and went with an EVO awd instead.
Whoa no way, that鈥檚 gnarly. Does sound a bit sketch. It took me awhile to find one I was happy with. I actually I thought I had a deal on one prior to finding the verde but after about a week, I fInally told the gentleman let鈥檚 do it and he actually apologized and said he was having thoughts, loved the car to much and decided not to sell. Which may have been for the best because the color wasn鈥檛 my first choice

61 - 72 of 72 Posts