Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, long story short had an 08 super G that I sold (and have regretted ever sense) thinking that I would reinvest elsewhere but haven’t found the right opportunity so now I’m back to needing that lambo in my life. Never thought I’d miss a car like this but damn, they have such “F you” to them that I feel naked without one in the driveway lol question for everyone is am I gonna regret ponying up for a perf right now? I know this has been talked about non stop but just scared to take a 30K hit. I’m sure if everyone had a crystal ball we’d all be much happier but I think I have a deal in place on a verde 18 perf coupe with just under 12K miles for $300K. Seems to me like this is a pretty sweet deal for what the market looks like right now? Or am I just going blind cause I really want the car lol thank you everyone in advance for the input

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check all the known traders such as Auto Trader, Car Guru etc, lots to pick from.
Appreciate it! The hunt continues but I haven’t seen to many more that are at the 300K. Most seem to be around the $319?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty fair price right now. Post the sticker and we can tell you more by how the spec is.
Here’s what the dealer that has it sent me. Seem like a fairly low MSRP to me? I was iffy on the race seats but I fit well in em and it’s going to be a weekend car plus I think they look better. Only question I had was how to tell if the car has the magnetic shocks (I know that’s not the technical term lol)? I don’t ever plan on selling but feel like if I did that would be an option people would want? Idk?
Black Font Line Material property Parallel

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck......BTW, no one plans on selling there supercars but they do it quite often. Enthusiasts are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest and a new experience.
Thank you, and so true haha I always wanted the Arancio 08SL and when I was lucky enough to be able to make it happen thought that was it and now here I am haha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Low MSRP cars especially with race seats will always sell for less. I remember last April a green car on the forum sold for $235k. No one wanted it.

Expect to pay around 325-335k for a nice spec and even more for a great spec.
Not making me feel good about the 300K hahahaha but I think maybe some people sold due to covid? Idk trying to convince myself lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Charlotte Lamborghini has a nice Rosso Mars Metallic Performante, though, also with Race Seats. I believe @fabo had custom cushion inserts made for his Performante that match the interior perfectly. If you choose one with Race Seats I would PM @fabo, and he can give you the details about ordering said cushions.

I spoke to a gentleman named Rico at that dealership inquiring about the verde scandal but they just seem priced wayyyy out of the market

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can anyone confirm from this photo or tell me how to confirm if is has the magna ride shocks?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This car has the magneto suspension but does lack many of the desirable options. If the price and seats work for you. Jump on it.
What are some of the desirable options. Sorry if I’m sounding naive, I would be purchasing sight unseen. Was mainly focused on price. At first the seats as well but I’ve sat in both and was fine either way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My personal advice is as follows:
  • this car is very light on options, almost bone stock (i'm surprised the guy didn't pass on the lift system)
  • I'd highly recommend looking for car with at least a garage door opener, hands free bluetooth, dynamic steering, cruise control, nav system w/ car play, backup camera (yes, backup camera and sensors are an option in Canada)
  • spend an additional 10-15k and get some of those critical options, it'll make your experience with the car much better and help with the resale value
Well I know the car has front and rear sensors as well as the back up camera (It’s showing an open recall for it lol) and I can see it in the pictures. I’ll have to ask about the nav and blu tooth, I guess I just assumed it had those even though I’d probably only use the blu tooth to be honest.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If the reputation of this non-lambo dealership is sterling then you probably will be okay but, for me, if I buy a Lamborghini from a dealership I prefer it be a Lamborghini dealership.
Of course, get a PPI before pulling the trigger.
Yes of course, working on that now. I spoke to lambo Newport out here and they confirmed that this car has never actually been to an authorized dealer for service nor the fore mentioned recall on the back up camera. Which from what I could find isn’t a big deal however is rather labor intensive to do for the dealer. Like the car would be down for a day and a half minimum

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
What exactly is the Magna Ride shocks?
Essentially infinite adjustable dampening the car handles electronically. Shocks are filled with magnetic fluid that can either firm up or soften in like milliseconds I think.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts