Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I stupid to pay over sticker for an allocation?

I am #2 on a waitlist for one dealer, and I have another deal who has an allocation, but wants over sticker for it. Should I do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
I said over MSRP pricing was coming and here it is. If they charge you $5K over but give you a full front clip/backs of mirrors that is worth about $2K - $2.5K so it's not so bad...............BUT BUT I have NEVER been happy with the quality of the dealership PPF installation...........Did I say NEVER?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
One other thing, negotiate $2K off the $5K ADM (pay $3K over MSRP) and take your EVO to a good PPF installer. Trust me on this one....................... ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
One other thing, negotiate $2K off the $5K ADM (pay $3K over MSRP) and take your EVO to a good PPF installer. Trust me on this one....................... ;)
This is exactly what I was going to suggest, but Albert is always one step ahead of me! Dead on as usual,.....

The difference between having dealer install and then having the BEST installer do your job, could be day and night.

It's going to be a great looking car. I live just across the state from you.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
^^Absolutely, the last dealership PPF I had done had more bubbles than a bottle of champagne. 🥂🍾 :giggle:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure I would pay, largely because dealers have so far resisted asking for anything over sticker and don't think you're going to be left out with a number 2 allocation at another dealer. I can certainly tell you that on the used market, those cars that were previously flying off the shelf asking over MSRP have sat for quite awhile now. $5k is nothing in the grand scheme of things but I just think you happened upon an opportunistic dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Am I stupid to pay over sticker for an allocation?

I am #2 on a waitlist for one dealer, and I have another deal who has an allocation, but wants over sticker for it. Should I do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends, if it’s a good a delivery date i’d go for it. 5k is a drop in the bucket unless you are willing to buy used.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I tend to believe in relationship above all else. If you are paying $5k over now, is this a dealer you'll want to continue to work with in the future or are you likely never going to give them business again? Vs. working with your local dealer at MSRP, you may have to wait but it could be worth it if you feel long term you'll get more out of them. It's really not about the $5k in this situation IMO.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I say do it.

Posters here know first hand about ADM's AKA Adjusted Dealer Mark-Up of $25000 to more than $50000 over MSRP for Porsche GT cars.

I bought my GT3 for MSRP it was a big deal.

$5000 is chump chage compared to $50000

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
$5k isn’t too bad. I would do it. One thing I would flag is that having a certain spot on a list doesn’t really mean much. Essentially what happens is when the dealer gets their allocation they look at the “list”. If there is an out of state buyer at #3 and a local multi car buyer who services the car at the dealer that’s #5 on the list, guess who gets the allocation?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts