Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen much talk on this. I just had my parking brake pads replaced. But now have problems with squeaking sounds.

Once warm, i hear rear right pad making squeak sound when rolling. I jacked up rear and spin wheel. I can feel wheel is dragging and doesnt spin so freely. Anyone have experience adjusting parking brake?

I may have multiple issues since
1. My parking brake caliper may be sticking
2. My handbrake needs adjusting since im having problems engaging and disengaging (to get brake light OFF). Needs to be pulled at least 5+ clicks to engage park brake and takes several tries to disengage parking brake when im ready to drive.

im wondering if i need to clean and grease pins to free up binding and then set caliper to zero and adjust manually as per repair manual. I know I should just take back to shop to have them readjust properly but its such a pain to drop off and pick up that i am wondering if its easier to do myself.

PS - i see theres a break in process for even parking break. Drive 50km/h and stop car by pulling parking break 4times. I never did that. so maybe thats all i need to do.

thoughts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
The break in process is only for new pads to bed them to the rotors. Unless you replaced the hand brake pads or the rear rotors there is no need for a break in process.

Most likely there is some sticking or drag in the system. The best thing to do is to take everything apart and give it a good cleaning and lubrication. This is very easy to do at home if you are handy with tools but it will require jacking the rear of the car and removing both rear wheels to perform the service.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’ll take a closer look. Yes, the shop installed new parking brake pads. I don’t believe they bedded them. Do you Think it’s still something I should still do even if I’ve been driving this way for a couple days ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can drive the car all you like but the parking brake pads will never bed in unless the parking brake is activated while driving. Remember that the parking brake only ever works when pulled so you need to force the bed in procedure as explained in the manual.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the note. I’ll perform the process as per repair manual. Silly question but is parking brake self adjusting. Meaning if I go through the bedding process will the number of click become less and less? Or should I manually adjust. I hate to have to start from zero by screwing in the piston.
Sorry for so many questions. Never had to deal with this type of brake before

·
Registered
265 Posts
The emergency brake is not self adjusting in any way. Adjustment is just under the exhaust near the main crossmember. It is actually possible to adjust by lying on the ground without even jacking the car. I aim for 3-4 clicks of the handbrake handle. Normally 3 easy clicks and the 4th takes an extra hard tug to get. If it is possible to get a 5th click then it needs to be tighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts