Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that you should not take these wheels apart.

But I think you have to take them apart to paint the lips a different color. Anyone have any experience with this good or bad?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
i would not take them apart. talk to a body shop, they should be able to paint it with the spokes masked.

i personally would not feel driving a questionable wheel. when it comes to tires, brakes, wheels, it's better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The manufacturer will tell you they are not supposed to be taken apart. I have seen them taken apart for repair but it is not advised. If you have yours taken apart make sure the company doing the work takes the time to clean out the threads and retorques the bolts in the proper star pattern because most will not.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
The manufacturer will tell you they are not supposed to be taken apart. I have seen them taken apart for repair but it is not advised. If you have yours taken apart make sure the company doing the work takes the time to clean out the threads and retorques the bolts in the proper star pattern because most will not.
I'm thinking serious thread lock too..

Never quite understood the benefit of 2-3 piece wheels.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will see if they can mask them off. Don't want to deal with air leaks either. Had that problem on some forgelines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You shouldnt have to worry about air leaks because the barrels are one piece and the centers are the second but i would recommend trying to mask them and if that doesnt come out good then go from there.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'm thinking serious thread lock too..
Never quite understood the benefit of 2-3 piece wheels.
multipiece usually has a deep dish look with 2-3" of lip in rear. the look is why they are popular.

also, they can be repaired if the spoke or barrel is badly damaged. however, integrity can be questionable once repaired.

single piece is actually stronger and lighter. for example, on the gallardo, apollo is lighter than callisto.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
multipiece usually has a deep dish look with 2-3" of lip in rear. the look is why they are popular.

also, they can be repaired if the spoke or barrel is badly damaged. however, integrity can be questionable once repaired.

single piece is actually stronger and lighter. for example, on the gallardo, apollo is lighter than callisto.
Right. Even the Cassiopeias are surprisingly light considering how chunky they look.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts