Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, in the past I always use xpel for a paint protection film from my local shop. My order is placed for the Urus, but I was wondering if anyone choose the option from the factory? If so which film do they use, and how does it compare to the Xpel.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I would definitely go with factory. A great job comes from removing the panels. I would rather have the factory who knows how to remove the panels and put them back together all aligned and perfect. Removing panels with all the bolts and clips can be tricky and then to have the gaps even I would trust more at the factory.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,350 Posts
I have heard nothing good about factory PPFs.......nothing good! Only regrets. My advice find a good local installer.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had initially optioned this out on my build until I spoke with the dealership about it. I believe it was 3-4k and is only the front of the car and they weren't sure if it was XPEL or not but they said they did not think so. So its about double for the same job locally. Also I am not aware of anyone removing panels to put on PPF. I highly doubt the factory does this as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
99% of all ppf is done via plotter. Unless it is a custom build requiring custom cuts. We have never had to take a car apart for ppf, however we disassemble exotics daily for wrap

instagram: @lussolv

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn’t think you needed to take off body parts. Headlights, emblems ect yes. I’m leaning towards my guy locally since he will probably need to do a paint correction anyways. I black suv.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only thing I have had removed is the car symbol in the past. The few installers I spoke with recommended against it as that would require the bumper to be removed with the urus. Frankly I wouldn’t remove the light either. Seems like you would be looking for trouble. My 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
3,175 Posts
I just did my entire Perf with suntek ppf. The issue is no matter how good an installer is it will never be absolutely perfect. The problem with doing it at the factory Is the paint never leaves factory perfect, but the upside to that is clear bra will hide some of those imperfections. I wonder if they clear it when it’s done or if they do it while it’s apart. My suggestion is to do it after as you’ll pay around $5k for the entire car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So cal it's 6-8 k for full car, around 2k-2500 for full front XPEL. Not sure if its worth doing the entire car in PPF. I was actually thinking of just doing the front as it's my DD and then full car including wheels/calipers in ceramic coating. Ceramic costs are all over the place from 800-3k. Some like using XPEL's own Fusion coating others use other various ones on the market. Not sure what to think. Thoughts?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think ill send my guys to pick up your car 😉

If its in the budget i would ppf the whole car. No ceramic coating will actually protect against mechanical impact. It will however create a super hydrophobic surface, high gloss and a select few are self healing (Feynlabs) We install ppf and ceramic coatings daily along with a plethora of other aesthetic enhancements. I am more then happy to answer any questions regarding the afore mentioned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think ill send my guys to pick up your car 😉

If its in the budget i would ppf the whole car. No ceramic coating will actually protect against mechanical impact. It will however create a super hydrophobic surface, high gloss and a select few are self healing (Feynlabs) We install ppf and ceramic coatings daily along with a plethora of other aesthetic enhancements. I am more then happy to answer any questions regarding the afore mentioned.
Sounds like a plan! ;)
Funny thing I was trying to get it in Vegas initially and it didn't work out. Yeah, 6-8k isn't in the cards. I might take you up on the info at some point if that's ok with you. Too bad you aren't closer!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Biggest debate now is to do the full car , or just the front and lower sides and mirrors. I’m definitely going to do ceramic. Unfortunately I have to wait till the end of may, beginning of June until the car arrives. This will be torture.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts