Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls!! new to the forum and new Lamborghini owner. I Have a 2007 Gallardo Spyder and have noticed some odd shifting with the paddles. The auto works excellent with no issues.. however when trying the paddles they will sometimes not respond at all, or shift in the opposite direction. Example: trying to shift down with the left paddle and the car will shift up instead, and sometimes the opposite. I figure this will be a thing the dealer will have to sort out, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had this issue before so I can know what to expect.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you have the traction button depressed? (to the right of Auto on the center console-the one with the squiggly tire marks below it). That will cause the car to keep revs low because it thinks conditions are wet. I would recommend only driving in Sport mode-Auto will cause excessive wear on the clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the traction button depressed? (to the right of Auto on the center console-the one with the squiggly tire marks below it). That will cause the car to keep revs low because it thinks conditions are wet. I would recommend only driving in Sport mode-Auto will cause excessive wear on the clutch.
Thanks for responding. No, the traction button is not engaged. I've tried both auto/sport as well as just Auto, they both work just fine.. the issue comes when I try just the paddles. I notice it more on the shift up paddle than I do the shift down. They are unreliable, either not responding at all, or shifting in the opposite direction I'm trying..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not sure then. Mine (also an 07 Spyder) has done what you are saying when the traction button is engaged - I assume because the ECU is selecting the gear it feels is most appropriate to prevent slipping, but I have never experienced it outside of that specific scenario. Hopefully others who may have more direct knowledge will chime in here. Unfortunately, this might require a trip to the dealer to figure out.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Do you think it’s the paddles or the e-gear system? The e-gear can have multiple issues. (Low voltage, bad accumulator, bad pump, bad relay etc). If the paddle doesn’t respond and you put it in auto does the car shift normally? If so it might be paddles. They have micro switches in them that can get stuck or go bad. Either a Lara should be able to see if you’re getting a signal when you pull the paddle or I’ve been told you can test them with a multi meter if you remove them. Maybe try shifting with the engine off to listen to what the e-gear pump is doing. You should be able to shift through all the gears relatively quickly. I don’t think the micro switches are available separately so if you are having a paddle issue you may need a new set of paddles. You can remove the paddles yourself if you are comfortable removing the airbag from the steering wheel. (Disconnect the battery first).

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
It might be worth it to try a egear reset with the paddles both held back for about 30 seconds. I think will hear a beep. It’s been so long since I’ve done it I’ve almost forgotten, but you might be able to search and find the explanation in detail. Several members have done it and had great success with fixing little issues and yours might just be one of them.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
HERE
“egear reset = ignition on, pull both paddles for 20 seconds with foot on break. release, turn ignition off. start engine and allow to idle for 30 seconds. egear software on any gallardo/aventador/huracan is faster round the track than those with the engine ecu tune.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Update on this for anyone searching for similiar issues. I reset the egear and it seemed to help for a little but went back to not responding appropriately (upshifting when I was trying to downshift, or not responding to my requests at all). I'm taking it into the shop Monday to have them go over a few things and this will be one, I'll keep this updated.

·
Vendor
2,756 Posts
Hey guys/girls!! new to the forum and new Lamborghini owner. I Have a 2007 Gallardo Spyder and have noticed some odd shifting with the paddles. The auto works excellent with no issues.. however when trying the paddles they will sometimes not respond at all, or shift in the opposite direction. Example: trying to shift down with the left paddle and the car will shift up instead, and sometimes the opposite. I figure this will be a thing the dealer will have to sort out, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had this issue before so I can know what to expect.
I've helped many customers with this. For the last 3 guys I help with this - it was the PIN switches behind the paddles. They get worn out from thousands of paddle presses over the years. If it doesn't do it in auto mode, then this is most likely the issue. There are a few ways around this. You can take it apart and try to clean them, or I can get you a new paddle piece with brand new buttons, etc. Feel free to call/text me as I have some videos to show this, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've helped many customers with this. For the last 3 guys I help with this - it was the PIN switches behind the paddles. They get worn out from thousands of paddle presses over the years. If it doesn't do it in auto mode, then this is most likely the issue. There are a few ways around this. You can take it apart and try to clean them, or I can get you a new paddle piece with brand new buttons, etc. Feel free to call/text me as I have some videos to show this, etc.
Ya this was my next guess as the auto shifts just fine. I'll send you a text to see what info you got on it. I was just looking at your shop earlier today too.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
If the auto function works and your getting proper shifts without issue, I'd say it's most definitely the microswitches behind the paddles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts