Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an odd issue. I cannot change gears in Corsa mode? To be fair I never drive in Corsa anyway, always sport and I have no issue there. The car is an 07' spyder - also new to me-purchased in Feb and just put on the road mid April. So anyway when I select Corsa the light on the button goes on and also lights up on the drivers display but gear change with the paddle shifters does not work (up or down). I have not tried slamming down the pedal to see if it only shifts at higher rpms because I did not want to cause any damage. Sports mode works fine so its not the biggest deal in the world but I would like to trouble shoot it if possible.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Are you sure you mean Corsa? 04-08 Gallardos do not have Corsa mode. Corsa mode was added for LP models 09-14...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wiggly car icon on the right. Sport is the left button, auto is center and then the right has the picture of the car doing a burnout. I was assuming that was corsa.

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
46 Posts
The wiggly car icon on the right. Sport is the left button, auto is center and then the right has the picture of the car doing a burnout. I was assuming that was corsa.
That is traction control on the pre-lp. Only lp gallardos had corsa mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is traction control on the pre-lp. Only lp gallardos had corsa mode.
Ok, that makes sense and makes me feel better, albeit stupider. Any reason why shifting gears would not work with traction control off? Its odd, maybe a safety thing to keep me from killing myself? I went out and tried again rpm's were 4-5k and I could not get it to down shift. Up worked but I had to switch back to sport mode to be able to select gears again.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Ok, that makes sense and makes me feel better, albeit stupider. Any reason why shifting gears would not work with traction control off? Its odd, maybe a safety thing to keep me from killing myself? I went out and tried again rpm's were 4-5k and I could not get it to down shift. Up worked but I had to switch back to sport mode to be able to select gears again.
No, shouldn't make a difference when tractions is on or off. It may be your micro switches behind the paddles. Over time these get gunked up and may not register you hit the paddle. There is a way to replace them also that's cheap and or cleaning them. This is something that's happening more and more often as these cars get older with people clicking those paddles thousands of times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts