Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, started the car up today, cel was on and flashed, checked it, and came back to p0304 cylinder 4 misfire, car is basically brand new ~2000km. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys, started the car up today, cel was on and flashed, checked it, and came back to p0304 cylinder 4 misfire, car is basically brand new ~2000km. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Are you getting any other codes in addition to cylinder 4 misfire? I always seemed to receive a low fuel pressure code together with the misfire code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you getting any other codes in addition to cylinder 4 misfire? I always seemed to receive a low fuel pressure code together with the misfire code.
nope, just the misfire cylinder 4, dealer is taking it on Tuesday

·
Registered
73 Posts
nope, just the misfire cylinder 4, dealer is taking it on Tuesday
Best to have your dealer analyze the issue. Could simply be a bad fuel injector?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best to have your dealer analyze the issue. Could simply be a bad fuel injector?
yea hopefully nothing serious, dont know why it would be missfiring or having any problems with just ~2000km

·
Registered
120 Posts
Funny thing I’ll tell you. I had that happen on mine. Same cylinder. Only 1400 miles on car.

I got a new engine.

Yes that’s right. Read it again.

Cylinder wasn’t holding compression and mother ship advised replacement to analyze.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny thing I’ll tell you. I had that happen on mine. Same cylinder. Only 1400 miles on car.

I got a new engine.

Yes that’s right. Read it again.

Cylinder wasn’t holding compression and mother ship advised replacement to analyze.
bro ur scaring me lmao, how was the process and how long did it take? obv the car is under warranty but thats around the same km and i literally got the car a month ago 😭

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well it could be any number of things. Bad plug. Bad ignition coil. Other electrical issue.
Or whatever else.
Mine was a freak issue. The car and engine are understood to be one of the best platforms around and more or less bullet proof.
It wasn’t a major trouble. Engine was air freighted within a few days. None of this McLaren BS of waiting months for a part much less an engine. Lamborghini is top notch. They wanted to inspect the engine and was on it at once. A few days to take out and replace and had car back within a week and a half.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine had 887 miles and multiple low fuel pressure and misfire issues from initial delivery. Car even quit / died on me while driving - not a pleasant experience. After numerous repair attempts Lamborghini simply repurchased the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it could be any number of things. Bad plug. Bad ignition coil. Other electrical issue.
Or whatever else.
Mine was a freak issue. The car and engine are understood to be one of the best platforms around and more or less bullet proof.
It wasn’t a major trouble. Engine was air freighted within a few days. None of this McLaren BS of waiting months for a part much less an engine. Lamborghini is top notch. They wanted to inspect the engine and was on it at once. A few days to take out and replace and had car back within a week and a half.
ahh i see, would a new engine ruin like the resale of the car? or how would that work?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted on what the dealer finds out. Bummer after only 1 month of ownership.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ahh i see, would a new engine ruin like the resale of the car? or how would that work?
I’m not really sure why that would be. It’s not like there is anything wrong with it at this point. And it’s got a 2 year less old engine in it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I’m not really sure why that would be. It’s not like there is anything wrong with it at this point. And it’s got a 2 year less old engine in it.
It probably will in the first years just because a potential buyer will ask himself what else could be wrong or did the previous owner treat the car badly so the engine had to be replaced. Cars with new engines are sit a longer time at the dealers place if the swap has been done 2-3 years ago. The longer it takes the less important is an early engine swap for the resale value.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I think for clear misuse that may be. Otherwise I don’t see any issue. Any simple inspection can reveal the condition one keeps the car in especially like this. Not sweating it one bit. It’s a desirable car and a unique color. All the rest is simple conjecture by potential purchasers and not facts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts