Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions please. I recently had the clogged up, burnt out cats bypassed on my 95 Diablo VT and now I'm getting both left and right CEL codes for the oxygen sensors. Is there a work around? I imagine this is also a problem when upgrading to a performance exhaust is it not?

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
107 Posts
If the ECU doesn't see a drop in emissions between the two O2 sensors it will throw a code. You need to research how to trick the second sensor into sending lower values.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I found a variety of potential solutions. Some people say simply moving the sensor further from the bung will solve it but there is disagreement on that. I found two options that appeal to me. One is a tube that screws into the bung and the sensor screws into it that contains reactive metals in the tube like a miniature cat and creates the gas readings as if a cat were present. The other option is an electronic device that splices into the sensor wires and sends the acceptable electronic signals to the control module. I'm going to try the electronic options as it seems easier to install and will be permanent whereas the tube with the reactive metals will likely wear out over time.

Here are the links
Tube with reactive metals: O2 Simulators
Electronic device: O2 Sensor Eliminator MAGNUM EZ CEL FIX Oxygen Sensor Simulator

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go with the tube that screws into the bung and attach sensor to that. I have it on my catless 6.0 and get a CEL every once in a while, clears itself on next startup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kaliturbo, are you using the tubes with the reactive metal or the tubes that only move the sensor further from the exhaust bung? Many thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your response, I am familiar with the ones you link to. I found these as well... Seem just as good for a fraction of the price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts