Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing a Lamborghini Gallardo. Problem is that I live in an apartment where the garage is shared amongst other cars. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and there are virtually no thefts, but I know it can happen anywhere. Would it be crazy to buy a Lamborghini without an enclosed garage? Does anyone in this forum live in an apartment with a Lambo with a shared garage? Should I just feel safe with my insurance covering any event? Lojack?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I can't give you an personal advice, but I can say there are a few members who have shared garages. Sometimes they get nice little gifts too! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just get one of these.
Haha. That's pretty funny. Funny thing is also, there are pipes that run around the ceiling in the community garage. So birds like to hang out and crap on all of the cars. I might need a bozo to repel crap in that situation too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't give you an personal advice, but I can say there are a few members who have shared garages. Sometimes they get nice little gifts too! :)
The only nice little gift my car would get is bird crap. Heh. I'm thinking about renting a car storage at a nearby storage facility if anything.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Mine's in a shared garage. Most important part is to have cool neighbours. Just be proactive so they like the car instead of being jealous about it. I'd get a washable cover for it to protect it from the bird crap in your case though :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Just get one of these.
LMAO! One of the funniest pics I've seen lately!

To the OP, if you have the money, get the car! You go to any major U.S. city and there are people who live in nice buildings with multi-level parking garages...and yes, some of them even own Lambos! :D

You wouldn't be the 1st one! On another forum I frequent, there's a guy who parks BOTH his TT'ed Superleggera and his Gallardo Spyder in his building's multi-level garage.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
LMAO! One of the funniest pics I've seen lately!

To the OP, if you have the money, get the car! You go to any major U.S. city and there are people who live in nice buildings with multi-level parking garages...and yes, some of them even own Lambos! :D

You wouldn't be the 1st one! On another forum I frequent, there's a guy who parks BOTH his TT'ed Superleggera and his Gallardo Spyder in his building's multi-level garage.
I think I will start up a new firm specializing in helping people with too much money ;)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
i'd buy a house prior to owning an exotic. a house with at least one garage.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Its a tough sell. I guess it depends on where your apartment is. If it is an upscale facility, with other nice cars around, it might be ok. If on the other hand, its only average, be prepared for drama or as others have said, "gifts." People will do odd things and leave odd "presents" that I am pretty sure you will not accept willingly. If you can get surveillance, it would help but otherwise, it might not be worth the headache. Beside, why not invest the cash in a place of our own, then buy the Lambo?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine's in a shared garage. Most important part is to have cool neighbours. Just be proactive so they like the car instead of being jealous about it. I'd get a washable cover for it to protect it from the bird crap in your case though :)
There are a lot of nice higher end mercedes (aka $100k cars) so I'm assuming the people feel comfortable here. But a lambo is a lambo. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Its a tough sell. I guess it depends on where your apartment is. If it is an upscale facility, with other nice cars around, it might be ok. If on the other hand, its only average, be prepared for drama or as others have said, "gifts." People will do odd things and leave odd "presents" that I am pretty sure you will not accept willingly. If you can get surveillance, it would help but otherwise, it might not be worth the headache. Beside, why not invest the cash in a place of our own, then buy the Lambo?
There are some other nice cars here like a mercedes SL, BMW, jaguar, range rovers and more mercedes including my own. If I do buy a lambo while living here, I hope I don't get any "gifts." In regards to investing, I'm thinking it will take a few years before I buy the house that I want.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Let me put it this way, the highest-end car in there is a Sebring. There's a couple dirt bikes whose owners use the garage to smoke pot :)

The point is that as long as your neighbors are cool and you show them the car a bit they'll like you and respect the car both for what it is and whose it is.

As for the aforementioned "presents" I had a nice Lambo lighter left on the car (nicely with a piece of paper used to protect the car's paint). This was trumped by someone who had a bra left on their G :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> i'd buy a house prior to owning an exotic. a house with at least one garage.

I'd buy another exotic before buying a house in my current area.

But yeah... no exotic without a garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
> i'd buy a house prior to owning an exotic. a house with at least one garage.

I'd buy another exotic before buying a house in my current area.

But yeah... no exotic without a garage.
I live in California too. Buy a car, then a house seems more practical here. Heh.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Like Roy said. You can't drive a house, but you sure can sleep in the car. :)

it's all about priorities. For some the passion for the car superceeds the benefit of being more financially grounded long-term. You basically have to weigh what makes you happier. More money doesn't necessarily make you happy, but neither does struggling financially. I have 2 material things in my life that genuinely make me happy. This car is one of them, my house isn't. I just can't get tired of it.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
u guys are all nuts. ok how 'bout this, the car goes in this community apartment garage but you put a car cover over the vehicle. Not the factory lambo one with big bull symbol etc.....just a plain old black basic cover. Assuming no one takes it off, maybe?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts