Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
I agree somewhat with "Toppy" but the OP's question is no more odd than someone asking strangers what they think about this color, mod, wheels, model, etc. These questions are always odd to me. If someone is going to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, they should darn well know what they want.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,207 Posts
Well I enjoyed this thread, lots of interesting replies. I mainly bought a black Lambo because at the time I thought it would be less "in your face" than some of the bright colors.
I guess it didn't work, it's still stops traffic, turns heads and when I buzz through Waikiki every tourist and locals alike are popping pics & vids. I've gotten used to it and doesn't bother me at all. I think you will find you develop a tolerance for idiocy. Anyway don't let them steal your dream. I was over 60 when I decided I was going to own the car of my dreams before I leave this world.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't tolerate this behavior. I leave the area and give them my two cents worth opinion as I leave. I recently had a date with a very attractive young woman. As we were eating she began texting her friends. I immediately got up, paid the bill and left the restaurant. She had to call a Taxi. Never saw or spoke to her again. My feeling is if they are bold enough to be so rude, I will be rude back.
Don't buy a Lambo. You will get no less than a dozen people taking pictures or video without asking permission everywhere you go. No exceptions unless you live in the countryside.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most people don't drive there Lambo's much. I'm a private person as well, but just love my exotics as garage art. Not sure where u live? The Lp640 is the car i believe you referenced, big heavy car for city driving, probably spend most of its life in the garage. Everywhere u go you will most likely be filmed and photographed. Stick with the vette if your a real introvert, they go completely unnoticed. Best wishes...;)

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
I don't think it's a dumb question considering the concerns about privacy today. Again I think it's a generational thing. Young people are proud to flaunt their face, and accomplishments. Older and wiser, not so much. It's not just about having your picture taken, it's what comes afterwards, who knows.

Bottom line is it's a shame a person has to be concerned about it all. Please don't be critical of those of us who would like to turn the time clock back on some things. :eek:

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well I mainly bought a black Lambo because at the time I thought it would be less "in your face" than some of the bright colors. I guess it didn't work, it's still stops traffic, turns heads and when I buzz through Waikiki every tourist and locals alike are popping pics & vids. I've gotten used to it and doesn't bother me at all. I think you will find you develop a tolerance for idiocy. Anyway don't let them steal your dream. I was over 60 when I decided I was going to own the car of my dreams before I leave this world.
Much appreciated Russk :tup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Most people don't drive there Lambo's much. I'm a private person as well, but just love my exotics as garage art. Not sure where u live? The Lp640 is the car i believe you referenced, big heavy car for city driving, probably spend most of its life in the garage. Everywhere u go you will most likely be filmed and photographed. Stick with the vette if your a real introvert, they go completely unnoticed. Best wishes...
I couldnt agree more , i dont drive my cars that much , i just consider them an art form , most people dont understand this but I am fine with it

·
Registered
512 Posts
Technology or no technology, it might not be the best approach to buy the most polarizing car around and get pissed off when mediocrity doesn't prevail. Since when has the world around us caved in to our ideas of how it should be?

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
I posted a legitimate question about Lamborghini ownership, and if privacy can be a problem while owning one. Some of you responded in kind offering great advise and is much appreciated, while others have resorted to personal attacks using vulgarities. I suppose it's easy to sit behind a keyboard, anonymously, from your cushy home calling people derogatory names. Frankly I am surprised to see such childish behavior coming from people with supposedly a high income bracket ..... I expected a little more tact, diplomacy and kindness. I guess I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,207 Posts
Lambo66
Don't be put off, for the most part this is a great place loaded with good people and an abundance of information related to Lambos. Hang in there ole boy, I think from here it can only get better.
Aloha Russ

41 - 60 of 112 Posts