Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you all think of some of the other top end cars out there? Like the new GT, which I think is a very good car for the money and other cars like the GT2s and 3s, also the S7 comes to mind. From being a member here for a while it sounds like you dont really like Ferraris (sp) but that sounds more like you dont like the owners. But just say what you like about certain cars and what you dislike.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The only sports car I would choose of a lambo is a Koenigsegg-CCR. I think the look is amazing and the performance is the best in the world. However I have never driven one nor seen one in person. I have high hopes one might be at the rand workman show i am attending in NYC.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Ferrari F430 Spider, 575 HGTC, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and the Bugatti Veyron all look pretty sweet,

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's a very broad question...by top-end do you mean design, performance, price, or just general top-end-ness. If we're going for general, I would say basically any Ferrari, Aston, Rolls, Bentley, Maybach, even a Merc or 2, etc.

·
Registered
809 Posts
i think that Spyker is a car i would one day like to own. and of course aston martin and a number of the cars already mentioned.

gotta throw maserati in there as well, but not ferrari...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jermdude15 said:
That's a very broad question...by top-end do you mean design, performance, price, or just general top-end-ness. If we're going for general, I would say basically any Ferrari, Aston, Rolls, Bentley, Maybach, even a Merc or 2, etc.
Well if you look at the cars that I mentioned you should be able to figure out what I mean.

I ment other cars that are fast and look different than your average cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pagani Zonda...

·
Registered
809 Posts
thats a no-brainer right there, gotta have the Zonda

a car id love to see manufactured is the Bugatti concept limousine. eb211 or something?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am sitting here with my 2005 duPont REGISTRY Exotic Car Buyer's Guide, and here are some of the names that are popping up: Aston Vanquish/DB9, BMW M5/M6, Bentley Conti GT, Bugatti Veyron (although that's not around quite yet, of course), Dodge Viper (That's not really a car a Lamborghini owner would want, but I'll add it), Ferrari F430, 575M, 612, Enzo if you can get your hands on one, Ford GT, Koenigsegg CCR, Maser MC12 (good luck nabbing one of those), the AMG lineup, SLR McLaren, Mosler MT900S, Pagani Zonda C12S, Porsche Carrera GT (that would be my recommendation for anything other than a Lambo), Saleen S7, Spyker C8 Spyder.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What does everyone have against the Koenigsegg. I know this an entierly IMO forum but c'mon that car is insane. Its the fastest production car ever built that gotta stand for something.

BTW that blue zonda is amazing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love the Koenigsegg. Looks that won't date, fabulous sound, beautifully made, ultra-rare. The CC8S goes like hell but it's the round town manners and useability that really surprised me. A stunning supercar and my choice in the big bucks bracket, over the Zonda/SLR/Carrera GT/Enzo.

·
Registered
809 Posts
the Koeniggseg is pretty much the top of the game, its a car that ive always pretty much considered "common knowledge" and therefore really goes without saying.

The maserati mc12 is a gorgeous machine and i would take one of them over an enzo EVERY SINGLE TIME

TVR sagaris is nuts too, but not quite the same league as these super-exotics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Hate Ferrari said:
TVR sagaris is nuts too, but not quite the same league as these super-exotics.
TVR's are my other favourite marque. :)

The Sagaris is an awesome machine - terrific chassis balance and plenty of grunt. But the daddy of TVRs is the Cerbera 4.5 (on the right). The car in the middle was, I guess, my personal choice over other top end cars: the Boss Cerbera. It's a unique Cerbera with a one-of-a-kind 5 litre, dry sump TVR V8. 505bhp, 440lb/ft, 1108kg. Torque to weight is about 20lb/ft-per-tonne off the McLaren F1 and 456bhp/tonne give some indication of its performance.

The appeal of TVRs is that - performance-wise - they can mix it with the heavy metal, but the more compact dimensions make them a better bet for hurling around. And the lower price means you can have more of them... ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm paraphrasing, but Motor Trend says that the Sagaris is for someone who thinks a 911 GT2 is soft-core. Truly an awesome machine, and it will run with the G-car for a lot less buck. But its also a little intimidating to be in a 195-mph sports car without ABS.

·
Registered
809 Posts
absolutely.

im fully aware of the performance of TVR vehicles (i REALLY wanna get a tuscan mkII convertible after i graduate, torn between that and a G-car, or if i cant foot the bill quite yet a Range Rover sport, but hopefully ill get that in a year or 2), im just saying they arent 400k dollar cars.

i really wanted to get their callender too, that chick had a f*ck!ng SMOKIN' ass.

Its a REAL shame they never made the Speed 12, but the boss at the time said it was "too much car" after driving it!!

hopefully theyll design something new (maybe even use some high-tech gizmos to get the power down) and throw that beast inside it, thing would smoke 200mph in a blink.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, is that your collection of TVR's? if so way to go man!

EDIT2:

and oh yeah, the new Typhon is gunna be a murderer for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Hate Ferrari said:
absolutely.

im fully aware of the performance of TVR vehicles (i REALLY wanna get a tuscan mkII convertible after i graduate, torn between that and a G-car, or if i cant foot the bill quite yet a Range Rover sport, but hopefully ill get that in a year or 2), im just saying they arent 400k dollar cars.

i really wanted to get their callender too, that chick had a f*ck!ng SMOKIN' ass.

Its a REAL shame they never made the Speed 12, but the boss at the time said it was "too much car" after driving it!!

hopefully theyll design something new (maybe even use some high-tech gizmos to get the power down) and throw that beast inside it, thing would smoke 200mph in a blink.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, is that your collection of TVR's? if so way to go man!

EDIT2:

and oh yeah, the new Typhon is gunna be a murderer for sure.
There are still some calendars in stock - and I know exactly which photo you mean. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do...

Speed 12 in the mirror of my 4.5:

Speed 12 over the dash:

These photos were taken when we took it for its MOT test earlier this year. A surreal journey - a real pedestrians-walk-into-streetlamps event! This road legal version has 666lb/ft per ton, one false twitch of the big toe results in rodeo behaviour. The race car version was detuned by nearly 300bhp!!! For the launch of Sony's GT4 game in London, we drove the Speed 12 through Central London - it made the TV news! When we took the 12 out of the venue the following morning, we used the Boss Cerbera as chase car so the 1st and 2nd fastest TVRs were in convoy.

A previous line-up of my TVRs:

I sold the black Tuscan (a 400bhp Red Rose version) to a rock star to make space for the Boss Cerbera which was originally a Typhon (nee "Tuscan R" order). The Boss Cerbera is kind of the TVR equivalent to a ZL-1 Corvette, except there is only one Boss. I still have the race car.

The blue Sagaris outside my house was one of the press cars. Here it is pulling a crowd in Monte Carlo:

Next trip to Monte Carlo will be in my Espada - it was what it was made for!

·
Registered
809 Posts
The year is practically over now, so im just gunna wait for the '06's to come out, hopefully they use the same girl, or another girl with an equally refined derrier ahaHHa

thanks for the offer though. i take it you're in pretty good with the TVR guys then? Congrats on the cars, they are gorgeous.

Do you think theyll ever put the untamed beast into a production vehicle, or have you heard anything?

Also thanks for the pics, they are great shots. that speed 12 is MEAN!

·
Registered
64 Posts
wachuko said:
Pagani Zonda...

this zonda is HOT..so nice in that blue... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts