Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The original speakers in my ’04 Murcielago had surely seen better days. When I removed them I found that pretty much all of the foam edge on the right speaker had crumbled off and the left speaker wasn’t far behind. I wanted to keep the original speaker setup and to have some decent tunes available when I wasn’t listening to the tune of that V-12 symphony. The price of replacing the original Lamborghini speakers are rather silly, so I wanted to find other options.

A friend who had just picked up an older SUV told me that the vehicle had the same issue and that he had found and ordered a repair kit from Simply Speakers. Before I had a chance research a possible kit for Murcielago speakers, my friend had received his speaker repair kit and installed it…he said they sounded GREAT!

At a grand total of $33 bucks with shipping, I didn’t have much to lose. So, I ordered the FSK-619 ($26.00) foam speaker repair kit with MI-1291FG (sealer + $7 dollars). After receiving the kit, I spanned the repair over two days due to the time I had available.

The only things that you’ll need that are not in the kit:

A dental pick (to remove the speaker screen)
Phillips screwdriver (to remove the speaker)
Dull flat blade screwdriver or plastic butter knife (to remove the old foam off the edge of the speaker cone)
Isopropyl alcohol – Q-tips – paper towels/rag (to clean the glue/old foam off the cone edge and the speaker frame)

Than 4 hours of my time later…WOW!!!!! Put in the ole Vol.4 and cranked Wheels of Confusion just as it should be!!! The old Murcielago speakers are Born Again! For $33 dollars and few hours of my time, I couldn’t be happier with this fix. Not sure what the life span is of these particular speaker foams, but if I get 5 years out of them, I’ll be delighted to do it again for that price.

I added the sealer to the order for an extra $7 dollars, which is supposed to help protect the foam from the elements. The kit listed above fits the ASK Murcielago speakers without any modification to the foam or speaker.

Here are some photos of before, during and after…let me know if you have any questions.

Studio monitor Wood Audio equipment Subwoofer Sound box
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Flash photography
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Amber Loudspeaker Sound box
Kitchen utensil Kitchen appliance Tableware Audio equipment Dishware
Brown Camera accessory Audio equipment Loudspeaker Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens
Automotive design Grey Carbon Audio equipment Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Very nice find! Even if you had paid the ransom for new factory speakers, you can bet they would have been really old stock that had sat on the shelf for 2 decades, and would have failed the same way shortly after installing them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice find! Even if you had paid the ransom for new factory speakers, you can bet they would have been really old stock that had sat on the shelf for 2 decades, and would have failed the same way shortly after installing them.
Exactly Stimpy! NOS (New Old Stock) parts are nice, but in the case of parts that are made of rubber or foam, they could definitely be dry rotted or have a short life off the shelf.

This is an excellent and easy fix for the OEM speakers, if you are wanting to keep the original setup. AND IT SOUNDS GOOD!!!!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Nice job. I also posted a do it yourself post. The only advice is to place the rubber gasket onto the Bessel before putting things back together. That advice was someone’s else’s do it yourself advice on this site.
Keep up the good advice! Be brave and tackle other items… it’s fun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks AngelOfMurci! Yes, I saw that post of yours (thank you). I did a search on Murcielago speakers before I submitted the above post so I wouldn’t be rehashing something that had already been address here. That is defiantly the much easier way of re-attaching the speaker covers for sure. I had taken photos for that as well, but since you had already well addressed that, no need to post them.

What I also loved about refurbishing my original speakers is that the speaker cones actually match my Aranico Atlas paint, colors and orange stitching. I don’t know if this is by design or just luck, but I love the fact that they do happen to match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts