Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I'm heading into the dealer tomorrow to lock in my spec! Its a pretty high spec for a EVO RWD Spyder but I didn't have much luck finding a Performante on the used market and I want things like Ceramics/Magnaride/Sports Seats/Sensonum etc. I posted the same content in the Facebook Huracan owners group and I got a lot of feedback that I was going to lose my ass on the car haha...very supportive people. If I can get this car for a discount off MSRP, order the spec I want, I know its not an investment, its an opportunity cost in the grand scheme of things and I'm well aware. We're super excited and hope to have it in October/November!

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a tough call. I'm in the same boat. I'm considering ordering a car and it not get here until Nov/Dec and take the big hit VS be patient and wait for the used market to settle down by the fall.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's not that crazy of a spec, I had mostly the same thing, but I went with shiny black Vanir wheels since I like the look better, plus extra sidewall will be more compliant on road surfaces. Also went without smartphone connect because I don't have an apple

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,129 Posts
That’s a great spec, I think you hit a home run. The joy and excitement will offset the hit 10 fold.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The joy and excitement will offset the hit 10 fold.
This is the truth of it.

But to be honest I only got comfortable with that mindset within the past couple of years ...

Prior to that I hated the idea of taking a potentially huge hit on a new Lambo.

Nowadays I'm thinking life's too short to even worry about ( hitting 50 this year FFS>>!!)

My thinking is so long as you don't sell before a couple of years, the depreciation should not be too horrendous.

Ideally at least 5 and then so if it loses £50K over 5 years... well if that's what it costs to have your exact spec & a brand new car and enjoy for 5 years.... not too terrible in the grand scheme of things and it would be worth it for me.

( there's also some value in having to wait 6 months isn't there... the anticipation? ... or maybe that's just me! :))

Spec looks good to me!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
It's a tough call. I'm in the same boat. I'm considering ordering a car and it not get here until Nov/Dec and take the big hit VS be patient and wait for the used market to settle down by the fall.
With the fed rate staying low for another year to 18 months, assets should hold up well, I’m not holding my breath that the Perf drops in value by winter. It will once the Evo Perf drops but that might not be another 12-18 months til announcement

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
It's not that crazy of a spec, I had mostly the same thing, but I went with shiny black Vanir wheels since I like the look better, plus extra sidewall will be more compliant on road surfaces. Also went without smartphone connect because I don't have an apple
Two dealers said it was the highest RWD spec they’ve built which is annoying that many don’t spec drivers and lifestyle pack, also getting a non-boring paint isn’t cheap

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
7,434 Posts
Two dealers said it was the highest RWD spec they’ve built which is annoying that many don’t spec drivers and lifestyle pack, also getting a non-boring paint isn’t cheap
I asked an SA why they often spec the dealership Huracans' so anemically and they stated that they didn't want to go crazy because they didn't want the dealership Huracans' to be to pricey. I personally think they are wrong on that point but that is the mindset. Driver's Pack/CCBs are a no brainer but hard to find in dealership specced cars.
BTW, your specs look killer!

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I asked an SA why the often spec the dealership Huracans' so anemically and they stated that they didn't want to go crazy because they didn't want the dealership Huracans' to be to pricey. I personally think they are wrong on that point but that is the mindset. Driver's Pack/CCBs are a no brainer but hard to find in dealership specced cars.
BTW, your specs look killer!
I don’t plan on tracking this car but with ceramic brakes, I love not having brake dust and the rotors look amazing. Also you’re driving a Lambo that’s a quarter million dollars... it should have ceramics!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
7,434 Posts
Also you’re driving a Lambo that’s a quarter million dollars... it should have ceramics!
Amen to that brother, and while you are at it add lane change assist to eliminate that horrendous blind spot...........and add infotainment controls on the steering wheel. :rolleyes: I better stop it's too frustrating to think about it. :giggle:

Reactions: kotykb

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,129 Posts
Amen to that brother, and while you are at it add lane change assist to eliminate that horrendous blind spot...........and add infotainment controls on the steering wheel. :rolleyes: I better stop it's too frustrating to think about it. :giggle:
The other day I was struggling to turn down the volume when someone was trying to ask me a question and thought how nice it would be to have those controls on the steering steering wheel.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The joy and excitement will offset the hit 10 fold.
If I could get the car right now, I'd be willing to take the hit. Even 3-4 months maybe. I've never ordered a car in my life. Don't have the patience for it lol. And right now they're saying 8-9 months so it'll get here right as winter hits.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your wheels and Sensonum are the two high ticket items most dealer stock cars dont have. When I spoke to Lambo Dallas, they said they do the drivers and lifestyle on every car they order.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Your wheels and Sensonum are the two high ticket items most dealer stock cars dont have. When I spoke to Lambo Dallas, they said they do the drivers and lifestyle on every car they order.
My dealer said the same about the wheels, but I think the 19's are FUGLY and $5k is pretty cheap for the Narvi 20's, after market wheels with tires are $10k+. Also with the Sensonum, we listened to a car without it on the freeway, my Beas Pill+ sounded better, its a shame how bad the OEM system is, the same is the way with Porsches but their Bose system is only like $500

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
If I could get the car right now, I'd be willing to take the hit. Even 3-4 months maybe. I've never ordered a car in my life. Don't have the patience for it lol. And right now they're saying 8-9 months so it'll get here right as winter hits.
Order placed yesterday... likely November build and should show up in January.... I need it for a business write off in 2021 to optimize my situation so hopefully I can get an October build slot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Order placed yesterday... likely November build and should show up in January.... I need it for a business write off in 2021 to optimize my situation so hopefully I can get an October build slot
Were you able to get a discount off MSRP?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Were you able to get a discount off MSRP?
I was, November build, Dec/Jan delivery. The high volume dealers won't offer a discount but low volume dealers are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was, November build, Dec/Jan delivery. The high volume dealers won't offer a discount but low volume dealers are.
Were you able to get the 4-6% you mentioned in your first post? I'm looking to finalize my order this weekend (same Dec/Jan expected timeline) and it'd be great to have a data point I can use for comparison.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
Were you able to get the 4-6% you mentioned in your first post? I'm looking to finalize my order this weekend (same Dec/Jan expected timeline) and it'd be great to have a data point I can use for comparison.
In the center of that range. What dealer are you going through?

81 - 100 of 162 Posts