Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to order a 2021/22 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder but I have some questions about the build as my dealer in Scottsdale doesn't seem too knowledgable.

Style Package High Gloss Black $2000 - I'm thinking about going with the Rear Bumper in high gloss black with the body color diffuser over the style pack in high gloss black to avoid the front lip and side skirts in black paint as even with clear film, these low hanging parts get really beat up. How are peoples high gloss black front lips holding up and also the base "plastic" look, can you cover this in matte XPEL?

Any feedback from the Lamborghini experts on this build? I'm coming from the Porsche world and know how to build a car well on their site but the Lambo site seems pretty clunky.

Like many of the members here, I'm not going with the Small Carbon Pack because I don't like the mismatch Carbon look and will buy the same components through the vendors on this site.

Tuning: I also plan to do the M Engineering tune to bring it up to the Performante HP/TQ specs : )

Thank you all for the help and if you have any recommended sales associates from a dealer in the US, please DM me their info. I'm shooting for a 6% discount as I was offered 4% up front from local dealer but I know a high volume dealer can do better : )

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
I am not an expert but your spec looks great. I have the high gloss and love it. The drivers pack with CCBs are a great option. Best of luck!

Reactions: kotykb

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
As to your other question, you can PPF the high gloss bits as I have done on mine. I have put over 1150 miles on the EVO in about two months, and the Suntek Ulta PPF has worked great protecting the high gloss bits, that is, no damage. Here is the rear view of my EVO with the high gloss bumper and body colored diffuser.......looks great to me. BTW, if you detail your own car that rear diffuser is a bear to clean unless you're a contortionist 🤣 but I not only clean it but wax it as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
I agree with high gloss. I have the rear bumper and diffuser in black high gloss as well and I really like it. The only thing I have heard that is nearly useless is the Ambiant light package, limited colors and you can barely even see it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
OP, if you get 6% off MSRP plus free shipping (if it's out of state) PM me the dealership's name........they will get some of my business. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for their feedback, I'm going to Lamborghini Broward tomorrow to meet with the owner. I'd like 6% off as a minimum but I'm working with another member to negotiate both of our cars at 8% off if we place the orders at the same time... wish us luck!

I want a Performante Spyder but most examples are going out of warranty and I can't find many ideal specs that are reasonably priced. The EVO RWD Spyder will be more than good enough though!

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
I wanted an HP Spyder as well but couldn’t find the right one so went for a perfect spec EVO Spyder instead. I’m really happy that I did.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Thanks everyone for their feedback, I'm going to Lamborghini Broward tomorrow to meet with the owner. I'd like 6% off as a minimum but I'm working with another member to negotiate both of our cars at 8% off if we place the orders at the same time... wish us luck!

I want a Performante Spyder but most examples are going out of warranty and I can't find many ideal specs that are reasonably priced. The EVO RWD Spyder will be more than good enough though!
That sounds like a great plan.......Best of Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
You say you are not getting small carbon fiber package but you do have it on your order? On my LP610 I put covers on every single part, looked good but still not the same as OEM parts. I love the look of my large carbon fiber package and I'm thinking of changing my seats to sport seat, it wont bother me at all that carbon wont match.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
@Blu Bull, just curious do you intend to hold on to your EVO for the foreseeable future? What ever that means it's all relative........It seems people, me included, suffer from a rare but incurable disease called upgraditis.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
@kotykb, one thing I should mention is those high gloss elements show the dust quite a bit, though, IMO, they look so good that is a small price to pay. Especially that rear bumper.......gets mighty dusty. You could occasionally do a rinseless wash in between your full washes but that is not something I feel comfortable doing. Next time I wash the EVO and after I wax with Meguiar's Liquid (polymer) wax I will then add a layer of Meguair's Fast Finish on top to see if that lessens the dust accumulation. Apparently, the Fast Finish attracts the dust less, and as described, the dust blows off when driving. I will post after my next wash and wax to see if that claim has any merit.

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
I wonder about LDS and if it's really worthwhile on a RWD. Perhaps those that have and don't have can opine?
I got it and have found it completely unnecessary. JMO

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
@Blu Bull, just curious do you intend to hold on to your EVO for the foreseeable future? What ever that means it's all relative........It seems people, me included, suffer from a rare but incurable disease called upgraditis.
I’m sure after a couple years I will get that itch that needs to be scratched

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
@kotykb, one thing I should mention is those high gloss elements show the dust quite a bit, though, IMO, they look so good that is a small price to pay. Especially that rear bumper.......gets mighty dusty. You could occasionally do a rinseless wash in between your full washes but that is not something I feel comfortable doing. Next time I wash the EVO and after I wax with Meguiar's Liquid (polymer) wax I will then add a layer of Meguair's Fast Finish on top to see if that lessens the dust accumulation. Apparently, the Fast Finish attracts the dust less, and as described, the dust blows off when driving. I will post after my next wash and wax to see if that claim has any merit.
I wrapped all the high gloss black pieces in expel, makes it very easy to keep clean and not risk scratching

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
I wrapped all the high gloss black pieces in expel, makes it very easy to keep clean and not risk scratching
That would work but @Blu Bull I have, in the past, gone full coverage on my 3RS and 2RS and IMO that was overkill so now I just do full front clip + rockers and call it a day. The old ROI analysis.........

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
No way is it overkill. Makes the car so much easier to clean. That black gloss is so eazy to scratch. With expel along with ceramic on it I can safely use a microfiber of even a California duster to give it a quick cleaning if I'm out. There is no down side of covering everything except for cost

Reactions: azzurri

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
No way is it overkill. Makes the car so much easier to clean. That black gloss is so eazy to scratch. With expel along with ceramic on it I can safely use a microfiber of even a California duster to give it a quick cleaning if I'm out. There is no down side of covering everything except for cost
I see your point of view but I wholeheartedly disagree. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I even just spent $500 putting this on windshield Windshield Protection Film | ExoShield. Most of my drives are group drives with similar cars so a lot of fat sticky tires shooting up rocks and nothing worse than chips on windshield

1 - 20 of 101 Posts