Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a little confused as to the actual process that takes place as part of the ordering.

Dealers have order allocations every month of some sort. For example I called every dealer in FL this last week and they all say they have no order slots left for June but for July they expect to have slots for the Huracan. Apparently at some time in the next week or two Lamborghini sends the dealers the number of orders they are allowed to submit in July for each model.

So if a dealer has an open slot it means your order is being submitted to Lamborghini as soon as they receive the deposit? (as opposed to sitting on a pile at the dealer's desk)
From what I've seen on here it seems to take about 1-2 months to get an actual build allocation and then another 6-7 months to build it after that.

So a June order slot actually means around March delivery?
Does that also mean the 2022 Huracan is already more then 1/3 sold for the year? Is that about right for this car?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The GM at my local FL said he doesn’t really know his future allocation, he just know a month out. He runs his own forecast and take names on a waiting list and tries guide expectations on delivery timeframes accordingly. He mentioned he’s quoting more conservative times because he does not have confirmation of allocations. I ordered mid April and am expecting factory build to be complete September … that’s about 5 months. Add delivery to that and 6 months was reasonable. Add the aug shut down and that’s 7 months. And, since there are no immediate allocations available the timeframe above sounds about right.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
194 Posts
The sales manager at my dealer told me they don't know about future allocations, they get what Lamborghini gives them. They received one Huracan allocation in June, which is mine. I have a June allocation with a December production and a February delivery. The status of my order in their system is "20-Allocated"; I'm not sure what that means.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Yea this whole thing is a bit confusing. I put down deposit on 5/17, 2 weeks after that my ordered was “Validated and Registered” by Lamborghini. I did not get allotment in June but dealership said should have one for July. Not that big of a deal since I plan on keeping my Evo spyder till car comes in. The only thing I don’t like is giving $35k without even having an allotment. They should make it maybe $5k deposit and then the $30k when you have an allotment

·
Registered
222 Posts
The GM at my local FL said he doesn’t really know his future allocation, he just know a month out. He runs his own forecast and take names on a waiting list and tries guide expectations on delivery timeframes accordingly.
Yeah, this is my understanding as well.

You put down a deposit to get in line. If there are 4 people ahead of you with deposits and the dealer gets 2 allocations in July and 2 allocations in August, then your allocation will be in September. Then add 6-8 months to that for delivery.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I posted about "orders" and "allocations" in the STO thread...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted about "orders" and "allocations" in the STO thread...

Thanks. That was quite helpful. The terminology is very confusing to me.

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
35k??? My dealer charged me 10k per build deposit and I got immediate allocation. I know it's based on relationship but your dealer should be a little more flexible on that part at least. Smaller the dealer, the longer it takes for allocation if they get extra at all. Who knows how many orders they already put in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is there a specific code/status that should show up when you actually have an allocation? Dealer said I got their June allocation and my order is in the system, but when they pull it up the status code is blank. Normal? What's the usual timeline between the order going in on a valid allocation and seeing any sort of movement?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,843 Posts
35k??? My dealer charged me 10k per build deposit and I got immediate allocation. I know it's based on relationship but your dealer should be a little more flexible on that part at least. Smaller the dealer, the longer it takes for allocation if they get extra at all. Who knows how many orders they already put in.
My dealer also charged me 10k .

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,832 Posts
My dealer also charged me 10k .
Yes, in my case I was required to leave a $25K deposit for my 2022 EVO and that is the 3rd Lamborghini I bought from them in about 10 months..........I must say that was more than a tad bit discouraging. I actively lobbied for $15K deposit but it didn't fly. I guess I will have to take solace in getting full MSRP + the tax savings on my new EVO deal. A victory? No but we do what we can do. :giggle:

·
Registered
BMW ///M
194 Posts
Is there a specific code/status that should show up when you actually have an allocation? Dealer said I got their June allocation and my order is in the system, but when they pull it up the status code is blank. Normal? What's the usual timeline between the order going in on a valid allocation and seeing any sort of movement?
Yes, it should show up as:
Status 20 Allocated
Tracking 500 Allocated Order

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,832 Posts
@
So a June order slot actually means around March delivery?
The time frame from allocation to delivery is highly variable. I have a May allocation, with a September completion date and delivery in October.

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
@

The time frame from allocation to delivery is highly variable. I have a May allocation, with a September completion date and delivery in October.
When your have allocation, it should show you a picture of the car in the Unica app and say In production. Does yours say that?

Russ, is that how it went for all your orders?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,832 Posts
When your have allocation, it should show you a picture of the car in the Unica app and say In production. Does yours say that?

Russ, is that how it went for all your orders?
My car info that I have posted to date has come from screenshots of LOOM that my SA was kind enough to send along. See two screenshots attached. The first dated 13 May is the date the order was "Submitted" and the second screenshot dated 26 May reflects the EVO was at "Start of Production" stage. My order has been at "Start of Production" stage for exactly 7 weeks and there is nothing revealed on the Unica App yet.
I also have gleaned the following from other threads and posts: it takes between 2.5 months +/- after Tracking indicates “Start Of Production” for your car to show up in the Unica App, and it takes 3 months +/- from said point to have your VIN Assigned. Then after VIN is assigned it takes about a month to take delivery of your Lamborghini.
One other thing, these are rough timelines and some members orders did not conform to these time estimates.

Addendum: if you look at the second screenshot it indicates my EVO completion date of 09/2021. Once the order goes to “Start Of Production” you also get the projected completion date.

Attachments

Reactions: Murciful

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,832 Posts
I had to put $5k down. I would have asked for interest if they wanted to keep $25k!!!
Well it was hard to argue to much given the dealership gave me $260K (Full MSRP) + $17K (Tax savings) for my preowned EVO. Though, after buying 3 Lamborghinis' in 10 months they could have at least went with a $10K or $15K deposit.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Well it was hard to argue to much given the dealership gave me $260K (Full MSRP) + $17K (Tax savings) for my preowned EVO. Though, after buying 3 Lamborghinis' in 10 months they could have at least went with a $10K or $15K deposit.
Agree! Think you’ve proven you’re a zero risk proposition!

·
Registered
44 Posts
How do I get the Unica App setup for my order? Do I need the dealer's help or can I skip them.
You can download the App but can't access it until you get an invitation code. Your SA can get you the invitation. they may have to reach out to the Regional Lamborghini Rep. You might also be able to get one by contacting Lamborghini Customer Service for the App.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts