Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just washed and cleaned my wheels (Gallardo) and noticing a layer of orange dust. Is this normal or something rusting?

·
Registered
174 Posts
In some situations, after washing your vehicle and wheels, a light film of rust will appear on the steel rotors. This is likely where the orange dust came from.

You can check for yourself after a few trips in the vehicle. Wipe the wheels and check your towel.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is annoying, but is ok. The more humidity, the more quickly it will happen.

How much do you drive? I learned from a professional detailer a while back that in many cases, I didn't need to be washing my car frequently. He suggested interim detail products and I have gone that route ever since. Certainly need to be careful and cognizant of how the car is used but I don't put many miles on my car and I'm not going to regularly wet everything down.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Perfectly normal...especially on Ferrari's! Just be sure to wash any of the rust off that gets on the wheel surface, paint, etc. It will not hurt anything when it remains dry. But if it gets wet and is allowed to remain on the surface it will begin to break the clearcoat, paint, etc., down. Nothing to be concerned about unless you frequently let your car get wet without wiping it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts