Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I rented an LP610 for this week that I will use as a daily, in particular for commuting. So far it seems to be a very civilized car (compared to my 360 for instance).

have fun!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,471 Posts
That’s awesome, are going to buy one? I’m curious if you don’t mind could you tell me what weeks rental costs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

I am not going to buy one, actually...:D

...because I want an Aventador (though it's twice more expensive, not faster and too wide for a convenient use, go figure...:sneaky: ). But I thought it would be a nice way to enter the Lamborghini world.;)

Price is around $3000 for a week... I was actually surprised how cheap it is...:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Hello,

...because I want an Aventador (though it's twice more expensive, not faster and too wide for a convenient use, go figure...:sneaky: ). But I thought it would be a nice way to enter the Lamborghini world.;)
..:cool:
I will never own an Aventador for the reasons you list above along with no dual clutch in it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Single clutch can be a tad brutal:

"When you're just kind of driving around at half or quarter throttle, it's fine. When you're really accelerating, it's not so fine. It's neck-snappingly violent, like the V12 is punching you in the back of the head. It's particularly accentuated in Corsa, which exaggerates every upshift to the point you feel like something might be wrong with the car."

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
Hello,

Price is around $3000 for a week... I was actually surprised how cheap it is...:cool:
$3000 a week is really cheap, I thought it would be at least $1500/day. Yours must be an older model with some high miles on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes I thought the same but.... it actually looks like new, not one scratch (except on one wheel), 15’000 km only! However, you can see from the front bumper that it is before the 2019 facelift.

I have been commuting for 2 days now (including in heavy rains), and it is very easy to use (except for getting in/out in narrow space and parking). I can have full work day and still enjoy it (My 360 is much more demanding). However, it goes quicker than it seems, which can be a problem...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I am in Switzerland here... no autobahn like in Germany.
I was surprised that when driving in cities, it seems that nobody noticed it, this is really different from the many many posts of owners here, probably it’s different in the US...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Regarding attention, it doesn’t surprise me that some may feel like it doesn’t gather a lot of attention. There’s a lot of factors to consider. The H has had a lot of production, been out for awhile now, and was considered “safe” at launch to name a few. Throw in car color, geography, and numerous other factors including politics and you may get positive, neutral and or negative attention.

I still hold to the opinion that the Huracan is going to age very very well. It’s very sharp and good looking in all trim and variants and has a good mix of performance, technology and raw visceral ability to evoke emotion in the drivers from an engine that is all but a collectible. The interior layout to me is a dream also as many competitors can feel cramped. It’s subtle when you want it to be (Strada) and raucous in Corsa. Near a perfect super car for those that like the jack of all trades but a master at none.

The A is the opposite in that it’s a master of attention and emotion but lacking balance. F car competitors to the H hit all the “metrics” but lack personality and that emotive response. Same with Mclaren to me (600lt and 765lt excluded). In 5 years the H will be sought after for the engine, sound and modability imho. Time will tell.

Reactions: bccars and Milazzo

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Been daily driving the H for 2.5 years and this morning was as exciting as the day I first bought it. I agree it's aged very well and is a good all-around exotic capable of being a daily or weekend drive. The interior is still modern and I prefer my 580-2 MMI over the EVO.

The NA V10 is the star of the show.

Depends where one lives but here it gets positive attention most everyday and the look of stoke on kids' faces is priceless and rejuvenating.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Been daily driving the H for 2.5 years and this morning was as exciting as the day I first bought it. I agree it's aged very well and is a good all-around exotic capable of being a daily or weekend drive. The interior is still modern and I prefer my 580-2 MMI over the EVO.

The NA V10 is the star of the show.

Depends where one lives but here it gets positive attention most everyday and the look of stoke on kids' faces is priceless and rejuvenating.
This is great to hear. This will be my first. Definitely worried about the attention, but really pleased to hear that after 2.5 years that it's still exciting.

·
Premium Member
17,471 Posts
This is great to hear. This will be my first. Definitely worried about the attention, but really pleased to hear that after 2.5 years that it's still exciting.
For me I’m just as excited about driving as I was in 2008 when I got my first Lamborghini. I remember driving at home from the dock, my knees were shaking the whole way. I had never driven one before in my life. I ordered a new from Lamborghini Newport Beach when he came in they shipped it to me and I actually drove it out of the container and home from the dock.

Reactions: Milazzo

·
Registered
116 Posts
For me I’m just as excited about driving as I was in 2008 when I got my first Lamborghini. I remember driving at home from the dock, my knees were shaking the whole way. I had never driven one before in my life. I ordered a new from Lamborghini Newport Beach when he came in they shipped it to me and I actually drove it out of the container and home from the dock.
What an awesome story. I've yet to drive one myself. But I'm ok with waiting till I get mine, and I've no doubt how highly you and the others speak about it that it will not disappoint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
$3k/weekly is pretty fair for wholesale.... I sublease a lot of my exotics to rental agencies. Great business for sure.

$12K/mo. on a Huracan must be a high mileage one to say the least or an asset they haven’t made much money on and decided to push it to you to make some sort of profit on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts