Lamborghini Talk banner

321 - 340 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
So the salesman/consigner was misinformed then if you are correct.
1 of 5 in US he said.
Asking price is 300k
Price for 13197 Performante at L Houston was published earlier in this thread.

Too soon for that aggressive pricing. In the future it may be a bargain. The last two that have sold were at 205K supposedly.
13968 first appeared last July at Dietz Motorcraft for $245K.
It went on ebay in January for $299K
Price came down in February to $264K on ebay.
It's been on Cars.com and now ebay in the $225-229K range.

As Tomaso noted, the last few LP manuals to sell have been just over $200K, which includes the most recent sale of 12688 at L Newport Beach (reportedly with stone chip issues). Given that 13968 is a special edition Anniversary car, I would think that a sale in the $215-220K range would make both buyer and seller happy at this point in time.

Just for reference, McLaren Boston has these two cars for sale:
2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Red/Beige 2700 mi $153K
2005 Ferrari F430 Spider 6-speed manual Silver/Black 6900 mi $205K

·
Registered
253 Posts
13968 first appeared last July at Dietz Motorcraft for $245K.
It went on ebay in January for $299K
Price came down in February to $264K on ebay.
It's been on Cars.com and now ebay in the $225-229K range.

Given that 13968 is a special edition Anniversary car, I would think that a sale in the $215-220K range would make both buyer and seller happy at this point in time.
I had a conversation about it with AfricanHunter, the previous owner of this car, on another car forum. I also happened to talk with Dietz about it last summer when looking at another car he was selling. Seems like the current seller (using Dietz's photos) is trying to get out even or ahead of the premium + CA sales tax he paid AH for it last year, but the market is not there yet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
That car is one of the five 2009 manual LPs in the US. It's one of the two 2009s in Balloon White and one of the two 2009s that have been TT'd by UGR.

There are now four manual LPs out there for sale (maybe).
08126 is the car above
13197 is the black Performante at L Houston for (wait for it) $300K
13634 is a new Anniversary car listing at L Dallas for $230K
13968 is the Anniversary car that's been floating around for a year and was recently on ebay for $229K. No longer listed so it either sold or we'll see it pop again shortly.

We have confirmed sales of LP manuals at over $200K so these new listings are clearly trying to move the market. In the words of Rocky Balboa: "If you want to dance, you gotta pay the band."

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Get 'em now while you can. Remember these words, at some point these prices will seem like a bargain. As the Anniversario is a well documented and catagorized segment of the LP manual gearbox coupled w last of the RWD look to these cars to surface as years go by for one of the most saught after collectible modern Lamborghini vehicles of the early 21st century. Again ease of identifiable grouping and catagorized prospect is what will propel certain known and well documented cars to set the auction benchmarks.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Get 'em now while you can. Remember these words, at some point these prices will seem like a bargain. As the Anniversario is a well documented and catagorized segment of the LP manual gearbox coupled w last of the RWD look to these cars to surface as years go by for one of the most saught after collectible modern Lamborghini vehicles of the early 21st century. Again ease of identifiable grouping and catagorized prospect is what will propel certain known and well documented cars to set the auction benchmarks.
I'm in no way disputing this, however, I truly believe in a short time the economy will fall as we are certainly due for a correction and these cars will be the first to be sold. I am going to wait patiently until this happens, I predict far sooner than later.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Everyone's been waiting for the Porsche bubble to pop as well....

Gallardos had one major drop at the 2008 market crash. But has held steadily with par depreciation. Countachs had the huge upswing and are now coming back down.

Regular Gallardos pre LP will stay 7x,xxx to 9x,xxx as long as history and mileage is acceptable.

Special models and manuals hopefully stay stagnant and not depreciate.

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
Everyone's been waiting for the Porsche bubble to pop as well....

Gallardos had one major drop at the 2008 market crash. But has held steadily with par depreciation. Countachs had the huge upswing and are now coming back down.

Regular Gallardos pre LP will stay 7x,xxx to 9x,xxx as long as history and mileage is acceptable.

Special models and manuals hopefully stay stagnant and not depreciate.

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888
I'm not talking about Lamborghini bubble, I'm talking about the economic bubble. It's not a matter of if, but when, and when that happens all cars will be cheaper, and the ones that have gone up a lot will go down the most.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
The owners of the rarer cars will most likely hold on to them lower value or not they will not be for sale. Things always turn around and the value will go back up when the economy does just like before.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
The owners of the rarer cars will most likely hold on to them lower value or not they will not be for sale. Things always turn around and the value will go back up when the economy does just like before.
Yes you are absolutely right about that, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a couple rare examples floating around :) Time will tell!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I can already feel the economy slowing down. I really hope we don't get hit as hard as 07-08. That really hurt. :(

I'm in no way disputing this, however, I truly believe in a short time the economy will fall as we are certainly due for a correction and these cars will be the first to be sold. I am going to wait patiently until this happens, I predict far sooner than later.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can already feel the economy slowing down. I really hope we don't get hit as hard as 07-08. That really hurt. :(
That's funny because i'm in manufacturing and we are as busy as ever, the Dow is strong and 401k's are doing well.....:wave:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Yes you are absolutely right about that, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a couple rare examples floating around :) Time will tell!
Agree. Those that need the money will sell their car. I was told by Lamborghini Dallas the last market crash their new cars were reduced by 30%!

321 - 340 of 488 Posts