Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Haven't been able to drive my Gallardo as much as I would have liked the past couple of years. While the gas was filled up yearly, right now it is most likely a mix of 1 and some 2 year old gas.. Depending how it mixed/was used I suppose.

I initially thought I could drain the gas and would just replace it but that seems more difficult than I thought it would be with anti-siphon in place.

Any thoughts? Right now I was just planning on adding some STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer and getting it down to about a 1/4 tank from driving and fill up new?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Also, prior to any lengthy storage (before winter), I run the tank low on gas, then add fuel stabilizer and then add gas till it’s half full. Then in spring, I fill it up and start stomping.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Also, prior to any lengthy storage (before winter), I run the tank low on gas, then add fuel stabilizer and then add gas till it’s half full. Then in spring, I fill it up and start stomping.
Could be different for cars but when I winterize my boat, I’ve always been told two options. Leave the tank as empty as possible or completely topped off. If the tanks are left anywhere in between then condensation can form inside the tank….. When i winterize my boat, I always top my fuel off, add STA-BIL then I run the engine for approximately 5 min to make sure the STA-BIL treated fuel makes its way through the fuel system.

Again, it might be a different process for cars but I would imagine them to be the same. I never have to winterize cars in SoCal…. Lol

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Could be different for cars but when I winterize my boat, I’ve always been told two options. Leave the tank as empty as possible or completely topped off. If the tanks are left anywhere in between then condensation can form inside the tank….. When i winterize my boat, I always top my fuel off, add STA-BIL then I run the engine for approximately 5 min to make sure the STA-BIL treated fuel makes its way through the fuel system.

Again, it might be a different process for cars but I would imagine them to be the same. I never have to winterize cars in SoCal…. Lol
My cars will sit for around 4 months. I’m now thinking a full tank is best. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.