Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone Every Change The Oil Lines On A Countach, The Ones Going To The Front Cooler. If So What Parts Need To Be Removed, My Car Is An 82 It Looks Like A Lot Of Pop Rivets Need To Be Removed Any Reason The Are Useing Copper Rivets?
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its a very difficult task. Not something I can easily put into "quick directions". I can tell you no pop rivets need to be removed. At least not on the body.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Are you talking about the aluminum panels, you called pans? If so lots and lots of rivits. The copper is to reduce the oxidation of aluminum that reacts to steel. Looks like a white powder.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Sorry guys been on holiday skiing here in Spain. yes I have done this. PM me and I will detail it all for you. Took us 14 hours, out and in.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Correct David, no rivets need to be removed. Fuel tank moved ( be prepared for new straps) make sure fuel tank is empty. Lots of other bits but no rivets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys I'll Catch Up With You After The New Year. This Will Be My First New Years Project, And Jrv Told Me He Would Get My Lines Rebuilt This Takes The Pressure Off.
Thanks Mike
Happy New Year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts