Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've read/heard many different opinions so I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys. Where should the oil level be on the dipstick??

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
That other thread is still kinda confusing. I think we need to specify YEARS here.

I think 04-05 have 3 dots on the stick and you fill to MIDDLE dot.

06-08 has 2 dots on the stick and from what the other thread and techs said in you only have two dots on your stick, fill to 2nd dot. Too many sticks here and dots.

EDIT. I just called Lamborghini of Dallas, the service manager Travis also used to be a tech for over 10 years and was the shop foreman. He's worked on these cars for a long time. On cars with 2 dots, it's fine to be up to the 2nd dot he said with the way the dry sump is and this is fine. He's services a crap ton of cars. You run into trouble if you try to say fill it twice, or you forgot you changed the oil and try pouring in a ton more a 2nd time, etc.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Totally - people should clarifying which model Gallardo they have and where they are located, in posts - this isnt just a USA forum....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think 04-05 have 3 dots on the stick and you fill to MIDDLE dot.

06-08 has 2 dots on the stick and from what the other thread and techs said in you only have two dots on your stick, fill to 2nd dot. Too many sticks here and dots.
I have an 06 (Australia) and it has 3 dots on the stick.

I think its obvious, regardless of whether its 2 or 3 dots, you fill to the second dot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts