Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, I put about 350 miles on my 2008 Gallardo taking a relaxed highway trip, basically keeping the speeds down into the 80s and 90s mph. For this whole trip, I barely had measurable oil consumption, perhaps 0.25 liter at most. Fuel economy was 15mpg. Normally, my driving is moderately quick (not rude and with a nice safety margin) on backroads on the street and my oil consumption seems like it can be a full liter every 350 or so miles. Gallardo has 23k miles.

I still have not tracked the car yet, but plan to this Spring and Summer. COVID got in the way of that this year. Anyone have experience with oil consumption on the track?

My 2011 Boxster can go 10,000 miles on a liter in street driving, and consume a full liter when driven on the track for a weekend (~300 miles at speed). Boxster has 71k miles.

Just wanted to see what others have. I know oil consumption is something to monitor, so would be nice if a table could be built tracking what is normal for given situations and condition.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could build a table and graph if enough data gets posted.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
The owners manual does say up the 1.05 quarts every 621 miles. Of course the "up to" would be not the highway driving :)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Quote,
"RPM
affects oil consumption. The higher your usual RPM is the more oil will be consumed. That's because you put extra pressure on the seals and gaskets and some of the oil finds its way around and gets burned away in the combustion chamber. ... The more worn they are the more oil will be consumed."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts