Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hmm im actually pleasently suprised. Except for the overall dimensions it doesnt remind me of the gallardo at all. Its got the classic Audi lines with a touch of F430 in the rear end, and maybe the intakes from the gallardo :D
Its far from a carbon-copy so it doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think it will have much of a future.
I mean keep sport cars in the sport car brand.
Just don't praise them or the next thing you know they WILL make a 60k € VW sports car :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Butt Ugly, looks German, more VW than anything else. They already own the greatest supercar on the planet, what are they trying to do, one up it?

I don't know what they're trying to prove but I hope it backfires on them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
raymondo said:
Butt Ugly, looks German, more VW than anything else. They already own the greatest supercar on the planet, what are they trying to do, one up it?

I don't know what they're trying to prove but I hope it backfires on them.
Hey, nothing against german cars :p I love BMW

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
No offense, but everybody knows I HATE Audis ownership of Lamborghini, and I get a little excited :evil:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
First Lamborghini then the Pope...what's going on?
:eek:
Another piece of ugly ugly German crap! :potty:

Just don't put the Lamborghini name anywhere near this car. Leave the design to the Italians...please.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Amen, that's what they shoulda done with the two current models, nice cars, but. Miura, Countach, Diablo, all Italian, WOW! Murcielago, Gallardo...Hmmmm. Audis bleeding the WOW factor out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No offense, but everybody knows I HATE Audis ownership of Lamborghini, and I get a little excited
Au contraire, Mr. Raymondo, who would you rather have Lamborghini owned by? I mean, I love the cars, we all do, but the company can't hold itself up- it doesn't make money. Personally, I think Audi/VW is a good company to have Lambo in the hands of. If they wre owned by GM, then we'd have a problem. But as long as it's in the hands of another European company that has good financial background, I woulnd't worry about Lamborhgini, as long as the Italians are still doing the design.
Also, I beleive that the Le Mans actually is a rewrapped Gallardo.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Yes, the financial point I can't argue with, but it came at one heck of a cost if you ask me. Lamborghinis to Audighinis and the Italians are NOT doing the design, now they've got a me too model, which is hilarious. When did the germans ever STYLE anything?! Can't they just check thier egos? Why would they want to dilute thier own brand?

I'm sure the Italians will become pitifully inept in the engines and mechanical depart too, if they haven't already pushed them aside.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm just not very happy that Audi/VW is taking whatever they are learning from having bought all these premium brands (Lambo, Bentley, Bugatti), and are thinking about "extending" their brand to include cars that compete with them. just bad brand management and marketing. you potentially piss off the people who will buy those exclusive brands, and you stretch the mass market brands in ways that the mass market won't really accept (phaeton, anyone?).

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
This is what is causing pain for auto makers now. Too many undistinguishable models. Now, comoditization of even exclusive brands is upon us. I'm telling you Audi is out to write their own ticket and Lamborghini will suffer. Just another stupid move in the executive suite by pencil pushing NON car guys.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I really dont know what you are all fussing about. That car doesnt look like the Gallardo at all so I really dont see a problem there. I love the Gallardo and Murcie so for me only good things came out of the takeover from Audi. Did something bad happen from the Audi ownership? Please tell me because I only see benefits.

@Henrus

Why did you buy a Gallardo if you are so much against the Audi ownership of Lamborghini? Seems kind of like an oxymoron to me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
I really dont know what you are all fussing about. That car doesnt look like the Gallardo at all so I really dont see a problem there. I love the Gallardo and Murcie so for me only good things came out of the takeover from Audi. Did something bad happen from the Audi ownership? Please tell me because I only see benefits.

@Henrus
Agree completely !

I think there is not a better design staff than Lamborghini's rght now !
I might add that there are Italians on it. Also love the Gallardo and the
Murcielago. Don't forget, the cheif designer also did the 6.0 refresh for the
Diablo, a very popular model (deservedly so).

I also actually like the Audi LeMans. After all, they certainly deserve to
celebrate with a model named after that great race and their success
in it. The choice of platform is an honor here! Not a bad thing!

I only wish they would directly help Lamborghini kick ass in international
sports car racing more. The MC-12 is successful out of the gate. The R-GT
needs some help.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
>>I also actually like the Audi LeMans. After all, they certainly deserve to
celebrate with a model named after that great race and their success
in it. The choice of platform is an honor here! Not a bad thing!<<

I was thinking along the same lines! AUDI has gone racing and literally Dominated many of their Classes!! The Quatro was banned from IMSA because it walked the field like they were beginners!! Then they went to LeMans and won twice in a row OVERALL! Who could blame such an aggressive Co. for wanting to pick up Lamborghini??? Especially on the cheap!!!

This Drama is just beggining to unfold...the worst that can happen (for many of us) is that we will have more historical perspective on our brand Lamborghini! Many here have been with Lambo thru Highs and Lows...this game (AUDI) is still rather new and hasn't played itself out far enough to know for sure what the outcome will be imo.

Like every owner of Lambo Co. owner since Ferrucio this is an experiment!!! Some experiments work, some don't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
raymondo said:
Yes, the financial point I can't argue with, but it came at one heck of a cost if you ask me. Lamborghinis to Audighinis and the Italians are NOT doing the design, now they've got a me too model, which is hilarious. When did the germans ever STYLE anything?! Can't they just check thier egos? Why would they want to dilute thier own brand?

I'm sure the Italians will become pitifully inept in the engines and mechanical depart too, if they haven't already pushed them aside.
I can agree with that- let's have the Italians design it (they are, with the Gallardo and Murcielago). Germans are good at engineering- look at Porsche, revered to be some of the best sports cars in the world- but has the design ever been heart-achingly beautiful, reminiscent to a Lamborghini or other such Italian supercar? I think the best example is BMW. Unbelievable cars- on the inside. The outside? Mediocre, at best. The new(ish) 5-Series, especially, has a commanding presence, but it really is awfully ugly.
On the design at Lamborghini since the Germans moved in: the Miura was the most beautiful Lamborghini (arguably the most beautiful production car ever), but I personally did not like the Countach at all. The Diablo was moderatley better, but left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. The Murci and Gallardo, developed under Audi, are not the Miura but are an improvment over their most recent predecessors.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
I'm not as technical as many of you on this board, but I do know a little about style. Lamborghini has made a few very sylish cars as well as a few bla's in my opinion. However, even the bla's were radical for their time and some are as popular today as they were when they were first introduced. Some even more so today then yesteryear!

I think the Miura was the most stylish and radical for it's time. Second was the Diablo. I own a 91 and honestly can appreciate the technical improvements thru the 6.0 model. However, with all the improvements, the style is exactly the same. Yes, subtle accents each year on the outside as well as inside, but you can't deny that it's the same basic style for eleven years. What other car has lasted this long without a major body style change? A success to say the least.

Audi had to make a major change. I think in part to show the Italians who was the real boss. As much as I would have liked to see the Diablo for a few more years, it was the right time to make a change. Not to mention that they made the G and M cars a technically better automobile than any other Lamborghini in its history. Further, they will make Lamborghini Spa very profitable. This is a good thing.

Back to "STYLE" the Germans don't have my vote. Germans doing the Lamborghini design is "Like putting tits on a bull." :D The Germans are very good at taking someone's design and improving on it to perfection then changing it and calling it their own. As much as I like the G & M cars, I have no desire to own one. :wave:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts